DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tucson Dragway Hangover Nationals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tucson Dragway Hangover Nationals
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I entered today also, see you there.

2BKING
Relaxing

Me too.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Not to hijack the thread but someone told me that Bruce Williams had crashed his dragster? Any news on that?

Yes, his chutes didn't open in Tucson last weekend. Tried to make the turn and almost made it. Hit the sand barrels broke a front wheel off and tore the rearend out. He's taking the chassis back to Yancer next week to discuss repairs or upgrading. Thankfully, Bruce himself is fine..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Not to hijack the thread but someone told me that Bruce Williams had crashed his dragster? Any news on that?

Vern, Dave and all.
Yes I crashed my dragster at Firebird last Friday night.
I believe the car is repairable.
I'll be taking it to Tom Yancer next week.

This is a hard lesson learned. I had not had the parachutes out since November of last year at Las Vegas which was the last time I had driven in TD. Neither chute opened. They were out but never blossomed.
If your not going to race for a long time be sure to repack your chute so they are not all compressed together. I suppose a bit of talcum powder doesn't hurt as well.
I will not have a car to race at the Hangovers but would like to drive down one day to hang out.
Hope to see everyone there.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Sorry for your misfortune, I'm glad you're OK!

Hope you make the drive down to Tucson, would like to meet you.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Wow that really sucks Bruce, sorry to hear that Frown

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Sorry to hear of the incident, but grateful you are ok! Hopefully Tom can get the car all fixed up.

I too almost got taken out at FB one time by a very stale chute deployment - the spring was basically limp, and all the guts got tangled in my brake lines and under the tires - got my attention! Stay on top of your chute maintenance guys! Went to a CO2 launcher after that.

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss Bruce, But I’m glad you’re OK.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Glad you’re okay bud! Personal opinion is I would have him do a new chassis but I know that will take longer. Good luck my friend, hopefully see you in Phoenix.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Looks like the weather is looking good for the event, mid - high 60's daytime & low 40's at night.

The race rig is all hooked-up with some light packing in the morning. Then leaving around 10:30 am for the 7 1/2-hour trip. Stacking/sleeping outside the gate.

2BKING hopes this is worth the trip. Cool
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2545 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good luck Bryan! BTW, I got my ignition back from MSD. The report shows nothing wrong, it will probably work perfectly now!

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Vern, I'm going to need some luck. I started coming down with something last couple days.

Of course, the ignition is fine, They fixed it.

Thanks for "The Letter", I will look forward to maybe seeing one next year.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well, I won't be there. My wife Teresa didn't feel very good the day after Christmas and it has progressed to a positive Covid test. She feels rotten so I'll be here to help her and quarantine myself just in case.
Got some welding done on my trailer and I'm starting to catch up on some other little projects. Bye bye to my entry fee but things could be worse, Roll Eyes

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Be king ends up winning $500 run for the money when is 574 dial goes 574 with a zero

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
WTG BK!!

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Excellent, congrats bud!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got 2 payouts today, but no final round appearances.

I shouldn't even be at the track. I've been sicker than a rabid dog.

2BKING staying all to myself.
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Don’t let Bking fool you, he is on his game, He’s been sick as heck with no energy doing real good.There is a bunch of tight pack packages. Very tough crowd with killer cars.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
On pause for an oil down. Eek

2BKING going rounds again today. Wink
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got in the money again last night, for a total of 3 payouts. I was trying to get that last of the year win(s). Frown

2BKING it's a new year!
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words!

JRED,

Thanks again for your hospitality & it was great meeting you!

As for Tucson Dragway/Hangover Nationals, I rate them at an A-. There was only a couple of minor things I didn't like. This was the 1st time racing there & I'll make the 7.5-hour tow again for the same race or similar race.

I did set personal best with the cars performance & people seemed to like my wheelie show also.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436