DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Banners, pop ups and ads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banners, pop ups and ads
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted
Dear Admin,

I understand that sponsorship keeps this forum alive. I also understand that listing those sponsors is likely a condition of the sponsorhip. However, why do we have to have pop-ups and other things like that that are beginning to take up more of the page than the forum? Can't the needs of the sponsors be met without having this HUGE pop-up showing up at the bottom of the page, on EVERY PAGE that is opened?? Big ad along the left side? It's getting really annoying to open a page then have half of it covered by pop-ups and other misc bs......I have my pop-up blocker turned on and it still shows up....

I like coming to this forum, and have friends here, but come on.....this is getting ridiculous.....

Rant over.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
pop ups suck and the majority I see have nothing to do with race cars no mind from sponsors

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
https://privacybadger.org/

just open the "Tracker" page. Pick your poison. lol

s7.addthis.com
connect.facebook.net
www.facebook.com
www.google-analytics.com
pagead2.googlesyndication.com
cdn.jsdelivr.net
Plus Plus

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
The ones on the side don't bother me much. But, that GD one on the bottom annoys the shyyt out of me. It's almost enough to quit coming to this site.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never really notice excessive ads here. But, I also understand that you don't get something for nothing. So, ads come with using the forum. Scot doesn't owe me an ad-free site. Why should he work for free?
Hell, there's people here that have "look at me" photos bigger than any ads.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4465 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
I've never had any pop up in Bracket Talk, ever.??

4 little banners at the bottom and the rack of banners at the top, nothing in my way at all...I can click on them to open, but that's it.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1659 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I agree, the ones that pop ups on the bottom of the page are irritating as hell and have nothing to do with any sponsors of this site..Almost as irritating as seeing blocked posts by the local retard on dam near every thread in the site

Posts: 2429 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
The big azzed banner on the bottom runs me off pretty quick . Annoying as a double barrelled SOB .

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
i dont get them for some reason

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Use Chrome. I get zero ads on DRR

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ditto w/Firefox w/Badger.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:

Same

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I use chrome, and get the ads still. Not the sponsors but taco bell and other non related.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am on my phone 99% of the time and never see the chit y'all are...

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am on my phone 99% of the time and never see the chit y'all are...

your too busy racing and winning money!!

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
I use the Brave browser. I'm not seeing most of what y'all are talking about.

https://www.brave.com/

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Adblock plus. Free and stops pop ups.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I only view/post using a small iPhone. Nothing pops up. Seems like the amount is the same as it’s been for ages.
You are a user in a 1980’s social tool. As some would say, it is what it is.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Seems like most of the adds that pop up for me is stuff I`ve searched before. No big deal for me.

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Are ya'll willing to pay an access fee for this site to avoid the adds? You can't expect to have access for free do you? Scott has a business that needs to cover expenses and maybe even a little profit. If you don't like the adds and are not willing to pay an access fee then don't use the dam site.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post