DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Banners, pop ups and ads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banners, pop ups and ads
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
THANKS DAVE! works great!

Adblock plus. Free and stops pop ups.

Dave

Posts: 1250 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you don't like the adds and are not willing to pay an access fee then don't use the dam site.

I don't hear anyone complaining about DRR ads, it's the bogus ads that help no one.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2349 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I'd gladly deal with the pop-ups and ads if they'd take Rippers (the conehead) posts down, they are much more annoying!

Posts: 41 | Location: Work | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastFreddy:
I'd gladly deal with the pop-ups and ads if they'd take Rippers (the conehead) posts down, they are much more annoying!

Yup without question!!
All I see is ignored post after ignored post polluting dam near every thread on this site from the retard

Posts: 2487 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Adblock plus works great. Thanks Dave

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad News:
.Almost as irritating as seeing blocked posts by the local retard on dam near every thread in the site
LMMFAO

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
If you don't like the adds and are not willing to pay an access fee then don't use the dam site.

I don't hear anyone complaining about DRR ads, it's the bogus ads that help no one.

That's exactly it.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Installed adblock plus and all pop up ads gone. That was just way to simple.. Big Grin

Posts: 2487 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of Moderate Joe
posted Hide Post
As I work from my Galaxy Note I see no ads, banners or pop-ups. Those that are getting them, what are you using to browse and what platform?

Moderator "On Board"

www.dragraceresults.com

Posts: 131 | Location: DragRaceResults.com | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
On Chrome. On my laptop.
Big Walgreens ad across 20% of the bottom of the screen.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6426 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Chrome from a desk top. Never have any pop ups when viewing on my phone

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
MUCH BETTER! Added adblock plus....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1504 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm not getting the bottom screen popup now. I saw one when I opened the page

Whoops spoke too soon. It's back

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
All the popup ads are gone now....seems my computer is faster now too. I know those friggin things eat up a lot of memory...

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1504 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
FIXED!!! - You can now use the browser of choice and not worry about the overlay ads or the bottom pop up anchor ad.

With this snow storm I took some time to research and remove them.

SL...

Posts: 2125 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU!

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 425 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
FIXED!!! - You can now use the browser of choice and not worry about the overlay ads or the bottom pop up anchor ad.

With this snow storm I took some time to research and remove them.

SL...

What is this browser of choice?
I use Foxfire.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3315 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
David I used Firefox for a long time. I've since grown to like Google Chrome.

Posts: 2125 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

To each his own, but I stay as far away from anything with Google on it as possible. They are at the pinnacle of high tech monitoring, mining and censoring. Just my opinion.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2349 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

To each his own, but I stay as far away from anything with Google on it as possible. They are at the pinnacle of high tech monitoring, mining and censoring. Just my opinion.

Thanks Steve, but I'm with Canted Valve on this one. I stay away from anything google if possible. Only time I use chrome is on my shop laptop, and that is because so far I have been to lazy to change it..lol

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3315 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post