DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Single Entry's at the Fling
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single Entry's at the Fling
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Pretty interesting racer make up this past week in Bristol at the Fall Fling. Seen a lot of racers in the late rounds who seemed to be new to the big stage and the lack of a lot of regular late round contestants out early.

Do you think this format contributed to the mix or was it just a coincidence?

FULL FALL FLING RECAP HERE

SL...

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ballz
posted Hide Post
100% had something to do with it. Said it for years, give the guys making 500 runs a year more than 1 shot, they WILL be in late if not the final.

Posts: 313 | Location: west palm beach, fla. usa | Registered: June 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
More than likely to many options and some chose to go either closer to home or where they felt the "hitters" would not be. As more and more promoters have more and more races the options become better for the racers while at the same time diluting the participant pool. Something will eventually give.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve said for several years, most big money event winners have the same thing in common……. They’re DOUBLED.

I understand the need for Promoters to have doubles and am fine with it. BUT, when you have doubles, and eliminate the buy back round, then I don’t agree with your entry fee method.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it contributed and I think it's great! Give the little guys who can't afford the latest and greatest as well as two entry fees the same shot as everyone else. If you-re capping entries, it makes perfect sense to do it this way.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
I’ve said for several years, most big money event winners have the same thing in common……. They’re DOUBLED.

I understand the need for Promoters to have doubles and am fine with it. BUT, when you have doubles, and eliminate the buy back round, then I don’t agree with your entry fee method.

I guess you could offer a single buyback only, for anyone eliminated on all entries 1st round?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:

I guess you could offer a single buyback only, for anyone eliminated on all entries 1st round?

I’d be fine with them not allowing a buy back round, if they let those singe entered the opportunity to purchase a second entry if needed to run the first round on a second entry.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for being so sheltered, but what was the big deal at the Fling? Single entries only? That's the best I can figure from the comments here. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The big deal is the race itself, the places they have them. Attend one, experience it, then you will really sense the big deal these races are.

The single entry format really makes these races affordable as well as levels the playing field for the racers attending. JMO

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So there were no double entries?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
No Doubles. Car or Driver could only go down the track once per round.

Posts: 24 | Location: The Beach | Registered: September 26, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 3-D
posted Hide Post
i think the single entry format was great. Makes it more affordable and levels the playing field. i would like to see more of that format and think it would be successful. like Torquin said, the Flings are a great destination as well.

Posts: 715 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: March 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The Fall Fling was a 425 entry cap race that sold out in under 5 minutes. If you can get in, it’s the fairest of big money race formats. I will say, that the three remaining Flings that allow doubles, do a great service to the single entered racer, by keeping them separated from the doubles for the first two rounds. You won’t find this separation at any other big money race to my knowledge.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
You will see many new faces when everyone only has one shot at it !!
The Fling races are the best most professional races I have ever attended !!

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
Single entry was great, everyone has an equal shot and the race seemed to run smoother with the entry cap.

There was even a NHRA knucklehead there that couldn't figure out how to turn his stop off.

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post