DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Airplane crash at Kinston Dragstrip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Airplane crash at Kinston Dragstrip
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
WITN news coverage

A small airplane crashed and the pilot was killed ON Kinston dragstrip, Thursday (last) night. In fact, it was during their 252 list/test and tune event. The pilot has not been identified, but per a Kinston facebook post, the staff at KDS is familiar with the pilot. Those of you who run at KDS will immediately recognize the spot on the track where the wreckage stopped (the first turnoff). No one else was involved or hurt, but the junior dragsters were in the midst of making their passes, so I can only imagine how shook that would make the parents. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dragzine coverage

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Dang! Frown

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Dang! Frown

Well, I sure thought so. I guess it is either old news or of little interest to most posters here. Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Tom before you ever posted my daughter called me from Baltimore about it. My friend in Kinston seems to not have any info on the crash. I have seen planes land on the drag strip at York US 30 and Gainsville in the past. In both cases they stopped the event to let them land. Here the Jrs were running. Could have been a lot worse. Its like one of Motor Mania TVs motor homes burning to the ground a couple of weeks ago, I saw nothing here about it.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Pretty weird witness statements..... Confused

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post