DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Saturday afternoon trivia question; correct answer receives a prize
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday afternoon trivia question; correct answer receives a prize
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Keith was first with the correct reply. "Attaboy" Keith, good job.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1854 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could be the pic. Yoke ears. improperly machined.

It is just the camera angle.

Whats those 2 round spaceship looking things in front of the 02 tank?

It is a portable band saw mounted on a bracket. It is one of the best fabrication tools a fellow can have. And the tank is CO2/argon for MIG welder

The only other "problem" I can see is the pinion bearing retaining clip isn't installed yet..

This is actually/technically the correct answer but Keith came close enough first. I give this answer a runner up "Attaboy"

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1854 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OH thank God.....It would be a miserable life if I was still crying the blues years later about something that happened long ago...

Congrats Keith..double 00 for the win

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4523 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
WHAT??? I was in 5 minutes before Bill.....

Now I'll have to be whining about being cheated years from now !!!
. Dave I will split the prize with you !

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
We can do a split. One "Atta" and one "boy."

Larry Woodfin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
I missed Dave’s earlier correct answer.

The picture was not very clear when I looked earlier today. Somebody called the retainer a lock washer and I ignored it.

Keith called it a retainer and that is close enough.

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Ed, the pinon housing does not use a gasket, it has an O-ring and you cannot put the pinion seal in backwards, it has a flange on the seal.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
YES!!! I'm a winner...well, co-winner. I'll take the "atta"...can't warm up to being called "boy"....

Oh, I HOPE IT'S IN THE NEWSPAPER..... Fingers Cross

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4523 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post