DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Saturday afternoon trivia question; correct answer receives a prize
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saturday afternoon trivia question; correct answer receives a prize
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
This photo shows a problem. What is it. The correct answer receives an "Attaboy."

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1861 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
left the gasket off, laying at the vice base

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good try, Ed, but that is a pinion depth shim that was not needed for the setup. Keep looking.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1861 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Pinion seal installed backwards..

Posts: 234 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
that was my next guess

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Clamped in the vise on mounting surface.
Lock washer for pinion nut still on bench.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 262 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Y'all keep looking.

*The pinion seal is correctly installed.
*The vice has soft jaws that will not damage the mounting surface.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The pinion nut does not require a lock washer.

Larry Woodfin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The "yes we're open" sign?

Posts: 615 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Could be the pic. Yoke ears. improperly machined.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The "We're Open" sign now days

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4522 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
the little keeper on the bench

Posts: 56 | Location: memphis tn | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The oil can tipped over

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4522 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The half missing gasket hanging next to the "yes we're open" sign

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Whats those 2 round spaceship looking things in front of the 02 tank?

Ya never know, next time it might be "Name that tune"...

Posts: 1413 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only other "problem" I can see is the pinion bearing retaining clip isn't installed yet...

That's all I've got...

Dave

F J B

DRR Trophy
Picture of bill masiello
posted Hide Post
Lock for rear of pinion on bench!

Posts: 64 | Location: shelton ct | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Bill Gets the prize....

Pinion Pilot bearing retainer is on the bench

Posts: 2734 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
WHAT??? I was in 5 minutes before Bill.....

Now I'll have to be whining about being cheated years from now !!!

Dave

F J B

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top left part of carrier looks to have been welded on maybe a crack welded up

Posts: 1015 | Location: LIVERMORE CA. | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post