New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darlington Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Looks like Darlington is headed back to IHRA sanction. Seems odd as the host of the WDRA World Finals that they would be switching back already. Hhhmmm!

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I think you will see more of this as the smoke clears. Racing people now own IHRA not investors as was the case with the last bunch. Not sure how many tracks around here went with the new kid on the block but Piedmont is still IHRA and Rockingham is NHRA as is Galot. I think it is a smart move by Darlington.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Competition Plus

Posts: 197 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
He knew this was a mistake early on…

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
https://www.competitionplus.co...urn-to-ihra-sanction

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
wonder if the other area tracks will go back ihra since darlington moved back.

ep

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Let's hope.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
Montgomery just went to the WDRA and will be the site of the world finals next year.

https://www.racewdra.com/montg...ampionships-in-2024/

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
By my count they list 35 tracks in the US. With Darlington pulling out that leaves 34. Very few big name tracks, and Farmington is currently closed for track resurfacing--maybe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
By my count they list 35 tracks in the US. With Darlington pulling out that leaves 34. Very few big name tracks, and Farmington is currently closed for track resurfacing--maybe.
Yeah I don’t see it ever making it…maybe though

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Brad Wheeler buys Montgomery - I want to say I know that name from racing at Atlanta Dragway back in the day, but not 100% sure.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Yeah I don’t see it ever making it…maybe though

I agree and I wish we could stop the civil war to make Bracket Finals worth the time and effort. Both will end up less than in our neck of the woods.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well for several years Pageland had a ball with the bracket finals. Then the track got a new owner. I have been out of the loop for awhile so I don’t know how it is now.