New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bye run question
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Per sfg rules once you enter the lanes in a car you are bound to that car for that round. I am good with not taking the tree. He was the bye car and was there to make the bye. But to let him go get another car and essentially make a time hit in the middle of the round is not cool. If he is given the bye after breaking then shows up 7th round in different car then that is per sfg rules. I am good with that. BUt the way it played out does not look good for sfg.

ep

Posts: 772 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
Per sfg rules once you enter the lanes in a car you are bound to that car for that round. I am good with not taking the tree. He was the bye car and was there to make the bye. But to let him go get another car and essentially make a time hit in the middle of the round is not cool. If he is given the bye after breaking then shows up 7th round in different car then that is per sfg rules. I am good with that. BUt the way it played out does not look good for sfg.

ep

It was done at the OG Million about 2-3 years (?) ago.
Dude sitting on the bye made the run in a different car.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1686 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
If a car breaks in the burnout on the bye run, how is this handled?

Every track or race can be different. SFG allows you to take the win in the bye round without staging and use another car for the next round.

Posts: 2161 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:

ep

If he didn't arrive in the lanes with the broken one, then no harm no foul. I'm ok with a guy breaking before the buy and showing up in the lanes with the new car for the bye, but what happened Friday is clearly a violation of SFG's rules. He should never have been permitted to go get the new car for the same round he broke in.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 220 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
But don't some of these promoters just change the rules as they go?
I'm guessing in this situation it would depend on who is "covering" the entry fee.

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:
quote:

ep

If he didn't arrive in the lanes with the broken one, then no harm no foul. I'm ok with a guy breaking before the buy and showing up in the lanes with the new car for the bye, but what happened Friday is clearly a violation of SFG's rules. He should never have been permitted to go get the new car for the same round he broke in.

i agree nims. sfg rules state that if you enter the lanes in a car that is the car you run that round. if you break you are allowed to come back next round in a different car. which i disagree with but it sfg's rules on that. but you dont let the guy go get another car and make a time hit in it 6th round. come back in new car 7th round with no time hit.

like i said, i am good with not taking the tree on the bye. he was there and attempted the bye but broke. i am good with coming back 7th round in a new car per rules. not the way this went down.

ep-big leagues nimmy. we dont understand i guess.

i say keep it simple start the race in a car. if it breaks then sorry for your luck.

Posts: 772 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
But he would have lost if he had to run someone….so why should it be different that he didn’t run someone…

Posts: 1265 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
like i said, i am good with not taking the tree on the bye. he was there and attempted the bye but broke. i am good with coming back 7th round in a new car per rules. not the way this went down.

Agreed….. especially after watching them spend 5 minutes trying to get the broke car going again while on the track stopped after the BO. Then waiting another 10+ minutes for that racer to return in a different car to take a time run.

Posts: 2493 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:
quote:

ep

I agree, he could have been advanced to the next round without actually staging, that's fine, then show up in the different car next round, no time shot, or forfeit at that point.

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1686 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Essentially let them have a time run in the middle of a race, that’s cool

Posts: 808 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
But he would have lost if he had to run someone….so why should it be different that he didn’t run someone…

Yes he would have lost whomper but since he had the bye he had a single. Sfg can fix this moving forward. Start race in a car, stay in that car like every where else, if it breaks sorry for you and must take the tree under power even on a bye run. Then there is no confusion or conflict.

ep-even nimmy can get this.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Did the guy he had the next round not say anything?

Posts: 397 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Did anyone leave and say they ain't coming back? Has anyone cancelled their entries for the nest races? Any boycotts like people proposed for Bud Light?
I'll venture a guess that no is the answer.

Posts: 1477 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Did anyone leave and say they ain't coming back? Has anyone cancelled their entries for the nest races? Any boycotts like people proposed for Bud Light?
I'll venture a guess that no is the answer.

I suspect that folks will eventually have enough and will start speaking with their absense at future events if the shananogans continue. Integrity and trust are easy to let slip through your fingers, and very difficult to restore.

But then.....an aweful lot of sheep in this country continue to vote blue.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6419 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
My bet is the ones that cried the loudest have never nor will ever attend one of theses races irregardless lolol

Posts: 1245 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
My bet is the ones that cried the loudest have never nor will ever attend one of theses races irregardless lolol

word

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
SFG Friday night

Kyle Coltrera breaks during a burnout on the bye run 6th round. Has to be pushed off track. Does not stage or take the tree. He is then allowed to go get into a backup car, and does a full burnout, then backs up and stages and runs the Bye run that he just broke on. The next round is the round of the big Split of the roughly $60,000 of remaining purse money, which he was now a part of.

I think that is dirty and not fair for several reasons. As far as I am concerned when he goes to do the burnout he is committed and if he can not stage he lost that round bye run or not. If he did not want to run, save his car or what ever and rules allow him to pass on Bye Run then I am fine with that. But to do a burn out, break and hold up race for how ever long then go get another car and get a basically free time trial in middle of race and still get bye run into big money sure sounds like cheating to me.

That is one thing that really bothers me is when they change rules or payout after race has started or to favor someone. I do not care if they have buybacks, double entry's or too much about pay out. But if they advertise certain rules and payout they need to follow that on race day.

Big money races should have all the rules clearly stated and strictly followed in my opinion. As for splits, I am fine with that as long as total payout is the same.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4051 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who is crying?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6419 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Who is crying?

Anyone that wants a race to be fair evidently.....

Posts: 1571 | Location: PA | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
C'mon...you get several hundred people together, with a racers mentality, then add in money, there's going to be unhappy people...Always ... Everytime

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4478 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post