DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Secrets to consistent reactions at night races.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Secrets to consistent reactions at night races.
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Having trouble on a weekly basis with reactions slowing as race progresses at night. Dropped from .003 first round to .027 second round Saturday. This has been my norm for the past few weeks. Any of you want to share ways you combat this?

Posts: 20 | Location: Michie,Tn. | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Roll 2 hundy out of your delay box or ad 3-4 hundred rpm to your 2-step if on the bottom if your footin it raise stage rpm

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If you have a way to video tape your runs and the camera has a way to pause and go frame by frame. Making sure you are staging the same every time. AS soon has the tree flashes or the bulb you let the button go on, count the frames from bulb to tire hit, it will tell you if your letting go at the same time. Example with my car if I let the button go on 8 or 9 frames I'm .00 or teen if its higher 10 to 11 its 20's of course with the same delay in box

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
rerun, Hello sir, I do not have a great answer and do not know how long you have been racing. Before leds the old lights would do just the opposite. Day to night we would have to add to the delay sometimes as much as 2-3 hundreths. When I first raced on the LEDs at night I thought I was just missing it. Nope do not know why but LATE. Finally well not gonna win being late so gotta try pulling it out. So first try a hundreth well thats better then if I won and still a little late well lets try 5 more thousands. You get the picture. There is no guarantee it will completly follow and everyones eyes are different. I have a full size tree at home and live kinda in the country so outside at night its dark around the tree. Can just kill the bulb right, nope if I have the afternoon numbers in it after dark it will be a later reaction. If I put a couple of lights kinda shining on the tree its less late. Also at dusk seems to be the best hit, not light,not dark, but seems I can surly see and slaughter the LED top bulb. This is just fuel for thought for you and remember I am old but thats my take on the difference.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any advice for dealing with twilight, but from day to night you might need to take .020 out of the box. It does take some balls to pull the trigger on that when you’ve been .00x just before doing it.

We don’t run at night much in my neck of the woods, but I won a race recently where I was .000 first round, and ran the final round at midnight with .013 less delay in the box to be .009.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the response. I have been racing many years and this is my most common reason for getting beat at a night race. I known tired is a big fact, but sometimes I talk to younger racers and they have the same complaint. I know I'm that person that doesn't want to be red but risk of red is better than accepting to be late.

Posts: 20 | Location: Michie,Tn. | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
rerun, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Great way to sum up the situation and as Lenny5160 example sometimes and (most of the time) is a true example. Again my take a 283 or a 959 ci doesnt matter if the tree isnt there. This would be a whole lot eaiser if they just let people over a certain age use tree readers and auto pilot and should be standard issue with their medicaid card as the gov. could buy the units in bulk.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Check your PM's.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post