DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Pomona event postponed to later date; racing continues in Las Vegas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pomona event postponed to later date; racing continues in Las Vegas
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
NHRA officials have announced the postponement of the 61st annual Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, originally scheduled for April 9-11. A new date for the event is to be determined.

NHRA officials have announced the postponement of the 61st annual Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, originally scheduled for April 9-11.

NHRA and track officials will continue to look to state and federal health officials for recommendations to host events in California. A new date for the event is to be determined.

“We are confident we will find a new date for the Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals,” said Kasey Coler, NHRA Vice President of Track Management & Operations. “We are working closely with California health officials to come to an agreement as to the best dates for the event.”

The NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season kicked off with a successful race at the AmalieMotor Oil NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville. The season will continue racing action at the Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, April 16-18. NHRA officials are confident the season will consist of 22 national events.

Although racing is paused at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona, the track is currently serving as a COVID-19 vaccination site, allowing locals to drive through the facility and receive their vaccination.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Now 2 events are postponed, Atlanta and Pomona and Phoenix canceled. I think NHRA has some work to do for new slots for Atlanta and Pomona with lots of weekends reserved for division races.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Cancel California, Bring it to Texas, were 100% open with 2 National event caliper race tracks ready to race

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh here we go with "Cancel Culture " Com-on-man!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Clearly Drag racing in California is in serious trouble.

The event planned for Pomona was not going to happen, not even close. The LA County Fairgrounds has been designated as a primary covid testing and inoculation location for several weeks and that it will remain that way for some time. The pandemic is not going to be cured in the next few weeks or months folks, this will go on for a long time. The WinterNationals is just one more victim of the Wouhan Flu.

Steve IS correct, NHRA should re-schedule the event to a track in Texas and move on. Holding out hope for it to be held at Pomona in 2021 is a waste of time, that idea is stone dead. Our totally "Clueless" Governor is far too busy living the life of the rich and famous with his Aunt Nancy to spend any time trying to intelligently resolve the problem for us low class peasants.

I feel for Mike Rice who must be tearing his hair out trying to salvage drag racing on the West Coast. It's beginning to look like that if you want to drag race it will not be here but in Arizona or Nevada.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
We have a doo dah for a gov! He and his party are not race friendly, says racing is not good for California. Also was quoted saying it’s not diverse. The polite way of saying what he thinks.. he has no clue!
Recall his a z z !

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Atlanta already has a date - weekend of April 30 - May 2

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
We have a doo dah for a gov! He and his party are not race friendly, says racing is not good for California. Also was quoted saying it’s not diverse. The polite way of saying what he thinks.. he has no clue!
Recall his a z z !

Sure recall him but they would just put another Democrat in there and it is the DEMOCRATS that is destroying your State and America.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I think that is best chance of getting a Republican in there.

I certainly hope registered voters remember how their Governors took away freedom so quickly and in a "Knee-Jerk reaction" way.

Posts: 291 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
They have short memories there. And they would rather vote for an idiot, than someone trying to fix the problems we now all face. I grew up there. The best thing that ever happened was when I moved out.

Posts: 82 | Location: Salt Lake City | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The best thing that ever happened was when I moved out.

Ya know we hear that a lot.

Bob

Posts: 3085 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Recall his a z z !

Sure recall him but they would just put another Democrat in there and it is the DEMOCRATS that is destroying your State and America.

Quite a few Republicans in line for his position. Like I said in a prior post, I’m one of the few red dots in the sea of blue here. He’s running small business out of Ca. They are trying to sell full on electric vehicle platforms and we don’t have a grid to handle a small heat wave. Their Carts in front of the A s s as usual. He’s bad for California period.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4507 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post