Notify
Tools

Luigi and Clay?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
Any information on either?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Who?

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Clay was in the fox broadcast booth all day, said he has an ear infection of some sort making him dizzy.
Havent heard any updates on Luigi.only can assume it is a heart issue considering his age

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I believe Luigi's Son posted on Facebook last night he was in Hospital and recovering. That was all it said.

Clay was there and even in the Booth during one of Austin Procks runs. Clay did say he would be back for next race. Just a precautionary measure to be safe. I think NHRA changed some of their rules last year due to Covid. So maybe Clay will get any points Austin got yesterday.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thx guys

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
"Novelli collapsed from dehydration while trying to get out of his car after on a very warm day and suffered cardiorespiratory arrest. According to NHRA Medical Director Dr. Phil Surface, Novelli lost consciousness and became unresponsive.

“When I got there, he had no pulse, and he was blue, and he wasn't breathing,” said Surface. “With the help of the local paramedics and the Safety Safari crew, we were able to revive him and get his vital signs back, and then we got him on the helicopter and transported him, so you can see the serious consequences of getting dehydrated."

That was very close to being REAL bad. He is lucky to be alive after that. If Safety Safari and Helicopter was not there he may not have made it.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just think if that would have happened 5-10 seconds earlier when he was on the track under power.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Just think if that would have happened 5-10 seconds earlier when he was on the track under power.....
Something like that happened a few years ago at Abilene. Went off the end of the track under full power. It wasn't pretty. Cool JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I lost a good friend in 2015? like that. He got to Final round, did his burnout, backed up and died of massive heart attack before tree came down. Went straight down the track and crashed at the end. He was gone before anyone got there.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
so you're telling us that a dead man, moved his shifter into low gear, stepped on the gas pedal, drove straight down the 1/4 mile, shifting into high gear and then "crashed at the end"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gmvxMJTXug

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Well like it makes a difference he backed up and staged and I guess that was when he died. What we know is from there he slumped over and motored down the track they said he was going about 40 or 50 when he hit the end of the track. It was 1/8 mile and they were on the scene immediately and he was dead when they got there and all attempts to revive him failed. Luckily the other guy was way ahead and not involved in it.
I did not say he shifted into high gear or anything. Said he died of a massive heart attack on the starting line. If you want to get technical I guess you could say the time of death was probably 45 minutes later at the hospital when they officially called time of death but he was basically dead on the starting line.

And for your information I did not see it. I went out in the Semi Final and was leaving when he was driving to the staging lanes. I told him Good Luck and he gave me single finger salute we laughed and I left. Did not find out until in the morning. RIP.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
it's obvious you didn't see it and therefore your entire story about when and how your "good friend" died is hearsay! BlahBlah

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, you're an *******. STFU.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Just shows what kind of a person Ed is.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
yep, the kind of person that calls out bullshyt posted by a liar that made up a story just to part of this thread. YOU are a PATHETIC, LYING, LOSER!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Ed, don't you ever give up? Don't you realize most people don't give a crap about what you think.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
you ain't drunk yourself to death yet? hurry up and get it over with old man.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i find it difficult to believe that out of 10,000 sperm, you were the quickest..........what happened? drugs? alcohol, downs syndrome? there has to be an explanation for your failure as a human!..........are you still lying about your sons achievements, calling them yours? still photo bombing the awards thing? would you like a publicity pro? they are out there, just hire one, to tell you how great you are not!

Posts: 79 | Location: myrtle point ore | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Ed, don't you ever give up? Don't you realize most people don't give a crap about what you think.

Floyd do not let him bother you he is talking trash about something he knows nothing about. About someone he never knew who was well liked by everyone. I know exactly what happened as I am still good friends with his wife and our safety guy Thomas Hixson is an Fireman / EMT and was actually near the finish line when it happened and was there in seconds. We know what happened and his wife even told me he had symptoms of possible heart attack before, he had been complaining of indigestion, shortness of breath and weakness but he did not think it was that serious.

Jason is one of my best friends and he was in the other lane, he had to avoid him at the finish line and pretty shook up about it. He was over my house Sunday and mentioned it.

Ed just likes to argue, I look at it like you can argue with an Idiot all day and at the the end of the day he is still Stupid. No amount of us wasting our time arguing with an Idiot is going to make him any smarter. We all know Ed knows nothing about this and him arguing about it just makes him look Stupid. Let him make a fool of himself like he does so well.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"