New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luigi and Clay?
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The idiot in this thread is YOU! No one pays attention to your clueless posts.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Curly,

I just like to pull his chain. He's so easy to get worked up. Nobody else on this thread thinks he is relevant. And he's just too dumb to realize.
I think I'll pour me another drink.
Laughing Hard

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I lost a good friend in 2015? like that. He got to Final round, did his burnout, backed up and died of massive heart attack before tree came down. Went straight down the track and crashed at the end. He was gone before anyone got there.

Years ago at cordova a funnycar driver made a partial pass, then coasted the rest of the track, and gently nosed off the end of the track. When they got there, I believe the car was shut off, and so was he. I could only think that it was about the perfect way to go if it wasn't getting after it in the bedroom.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
I dont remember the drivers name, but he ran TAFC fairly often, back then. During a LODRS at Atlanta, a few years ago, maybe 2nd Q run, car had some ridiculus shake, enough for a couple visable parts to fall off, the driver was knocked unconscicous.
IIRC, he was about 150 ft out, (from where I was under the tower), the car went to idle, and kept going. He bounced over the sandtrap, at about 200.
Car finally stopped in the pine trees. Racing was done for the day. Very sad, for his family, as they had to come get all his stuff, as he had a pick up crew, that probably wasnt very familiar with his deal, to load.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I lost a good friend in 2015? like that. He got to Final round, did his burnout, backed up and died of massive heart attack before tree came down. Went straight down the track and crashed at the end. He was gone before anyone got there.

Years ago at cordova a funnycar driver made a partial pass, then coasted the rest of the track, and gently nosed off the end of the track. When they got there, I believe the car was shut off, and so was he. I could only think that it was about the perfect way to go if it wasn't getting after it in the bedroom.

Bucky, I agree with you there. He was a smoker and statistically the average male smoker dies at 59 and non smoker lives to 72. Most smokers do not think it will kill them and we all know someone who smoked and lived to be 90+ years old but that is not the norm. Fact is most smokers do not last that long. He was 59 and I have lost many friends around that age who smoked. That and the fact he had been complaining of issues for a while before it happened that were possible warning signs of a heart attack should make anyone think about our health. We never know when our time is up but we should do everything possible to live long and healthy.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That's a good core value contact right there. Know and listen to the warning signs of a heart attack pending or happening.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post