DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    For all of the wannabe dragstrip owners
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For all of the wannabe dragstrip owners
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Well since it states there is a lease holder you are just buying the business of the racetrack, not the land etc it sits on. So is $600K still a bargain? At least that's how IO read the article.

I read it as the opposite, buyer buys the track but is locked in to an operator who is leasing it that pays $500 per race period for 10 years. That’s a long time but maybe a buyer could grease the palm of the leaser to give it up?

Posts: 713 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would think that the land is worth $600,000. Been there, cool little track.

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Here is another one for sale, 4.2 million

https://www.thedrive.com/news/...u_0tyTsnvYHR607LntEk

Posts: 2423 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
When I was younger I dreamed of making my living in the hot rod industry. I'd have a fast car with all the cool parts and I'd be friends with all the top racers. Yeah, right.

I am dam glad that dream never came true.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nomad,

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post