DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Pauley, Fern, Lenny & NimboNoRod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pauley, Fern, Lenny & NimboNoRod
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:

As for Fern, Lenny or Nim. We could do a hat draw for me paying one of their entries into the race with cash. Wink

2BKING loves to race!
Relaxing

Fern & I had a discussion over this. He wondered how he got dragged into another thread about this post above.

Anyway, I meant to do this sooner! Seeing none of the above members took me seriously or overlooked the offer. I'm offering it back-up, same stipulation as above with me paying cash or using the FOAT for your entry to the race and T & T for this year's Hangover Nationals in Tuscon AZ.

All I ask, if you are not interested. Please let me know. The plan would be when closer to the race send you cash or enter you through the FOAT. It would save me some money using the FOAT. I would also ask if you took me up on this offer & you win. If you are unable to make it, you would pay the entry forward to another DRR member.

Now, If the 3 of you decline the offer. I will come up with another drawing for other DRR members for the same offer.

I hope, I covered everything for the initial offer.

2BKING has no affiliation with Tuscon Dragway other than having a great time racing at this track for the 1st time.
Relaxing

This message has been edited. Last edited by: B KING,

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2564 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As interesting as it is I doubt I'll come to Tucson from the east coast. Plus I usually go to Bradenton for New Years. Thanks for the offer. I lived in Tucson and made my first pass ever there at Davis-Monthan AFB back in the 1950s. How about a counter offer, you come to Bristol, TN for the WFC and I'll pay your entry. Fair enough?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I don't know where the quoted post is from, so I don't know what this is all referring to.

I have been to Tucson (then Southwest International Raceway) in February 2004 for a preseason nitro test session while on vacation, but I don't see myself ever making the tow down.

I usually drag my stuff out of storage and get it ready early-mid May.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3162 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
I also have no idea which thread this is from. I also live about 2000 miles from Tuscon Arizona but I have driven through there once. If somebody bought me in and there was a car there I could drive, I'd go at the drop of a hat. tbh I don't wanna pull my stuff 4000 miles round trip though, that's hard on stuff.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It was the "The FOAT" thread. JRED misconstrued what was going on in the thread. So, I thought I would throw in an offer to lighten the mood. I should have offered it to Pauley also, if he chimes in, I'll give him dibs on the offer. Seeing the 3 of you have declined.

Fern,

I haven't raced on the East Coast since 2007, had a blast! Raced a bunch of tracks from well-known to some outlaw tracks & everything in-between.
If I ever comeback, I'll take you up on your offer; Thank-You! It wouldn't be pretty Foot Feeding; I was respectable in the start of my racing doing it.

I'll give Pauley some time to answer, if doesn't want to do it. I'll close this thread & start a new one to make the offer to other members.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2564 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bryan, I don't remember, is your car a transbrake/delay box?

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Bryan, I don't remember, is your car a transbrake/delay box?

Transbrake/No-box, but ran a good many years with a box from about 1994-2014. Before 1994 I was a foot feeder.

I actually think I'm a better box racer, than no-box. I've been thinking about going back to a box.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ever considered double entering (2 drivers)? I'd pay for both entries at select races of your choosing. I'm used to top bulb leaving is the only glitch I can think of..
Just thinking out loud here.....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As much i appreciate the confidence and offer BKing i cant spell toosccon

ep

Posts: 765 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
No problem EP. Wink

I'll make another thread & present the offer to other members.

Dave, I have briefly thought about it but not lately. I have doubled myself before, but the car was on E85. To double right it needs to be on E85 min. & the best is to run on methanol.

Believe it or not I'm running 100 UL street legal pump gas.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Not a problem bud, I was just "what if'n"

Dave

F J B