DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    LVMS "The Strip" 2024 Schedule
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LVMS "The Strip" 2024 Schedule
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Posting this for imakehp/Dave & anyone else that travels to LVMS "The Strip" for racing.

Dave, I miss your smiley face at the track already. Get off your old azz & get a car/trailer bought. Get to the f...ing track & stop B.I.T.C.H.I.N.G about the Packers!

https://www.lvms.com/documents...4-strip-schedule.pdf

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Bryan, are they going to be 1/8 all the time again? Or are they just going to jump right down to 60' racing? Didn't think of that lol, I crack myself up sometimes

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Bryan, are they going to be 1/8 all the time again? Or are they just going to jump right down to 60' racing? Didn't think of that lol, I crack myself up sometimes

S/Pro is 1/8 mile I don't see that changing, it's a Div 7 thing & maybe other Divisions also.

Didn't think you were looking for a S/Pro car anyway. Come join us in Pro & enjoy your 1/4 mile. You can come & show me how it's done, maybe. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2571 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely planning to be there.

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Good to hear!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
TnT this Fri. & a single points race on Sat.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Got the new engine in the Falcon and running so I'll need the test and tune runs to start working the bugs out.

Posts: 993 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey, Dave, Brian and I remember when we raced 100 yards on the street in downtown Kingman with well over 100 cars!
when I was working those events we had the top mph of 117 mph on the street for an injected methanol big block dragster and a pretty fast quad, too. Wink

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Dan,

New motor in the Falcon, more power?

Kingman street drags were cool! If I remember right the quad was the number #1 qualifier for many many events & was undefeated in competition. My son is bringing out his play quad for 1/8 mile testing Fri. This is in preparation for Kingman Street Drags in May. I would like to see our race quad make it out somewhere to race; it's a consistent 9 sec. 1/4 mile quad.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by double trouble:
Hey, Dave, Brian and I remember when we raced 100 yards on the street in downtown Kingman with well over 100 cars!
when I was working those events we had the top mph of 117 mph on the street for an injected methanol big block dragster and a pretty fast quad, too. Wink

A street legal alcohol dragster? HMMMM

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4475 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

S/Pro is 1/8 mile I don't see that changing, it's a Div 7 thing & maybe other Divisions also.

Didn't think you were looking for a S/Pro car anyway. Come join us in Pro & enjoy your 1/4 mile. You can come & show me how it's done, maybe. Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

Most everything in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana is 1/8 mile now except Divisional and National events. Would really like to do some 1/4 mile racing and even try some 1000 foot racing.
Sad because racers were crying and complaining about 1/4 mile too long, too fast, hurts my car, Blah, Blah, Blah, if you do not like it then race at another track but do not be a Karen and shut it down for others just because you do not like it. Now we have no choice it is all 1/8 mile here.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4039 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Falcon will have more power with a 331 pump gas combo, but I need to bring the rest of the car up to par.
Little by little.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Nice!

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
OK, test and tune results 12.59 @ 107 over 7 tenths quicker and 6 mph. Big Grin

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Got a busy weekend coming up at LVMS. TnT on Fri. with 2 points races on Sat. & Sun.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Wow! Great to have such an early start to the racing season. Do you still have that Sky King tune-up in it, or will getting a new laptop improve the performance programming? Always great to read your racing report and Good Luck!

Posts: 2481 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^ Wow! Great to have such an early start to the racing season. Do you still have that Sky King tune-up in it, or will getting a new laptop improve the performance programming? Always great to read your racing report and Good Luck!

M&M,

Our race season can be a burden, we have very little off season.

Well, I thought I had the wheelies under control until putting them Factory Stock radials on! We got it calmed back down & are going back to our PBR's for now.

As for the tune-up, we have more power we can put in it. We still have no heat mark on the ground strap & still low on boost. I'm not sure if going quicker/faster is a good plan for bracket racing on the smaller tires.

As for the racing report, glad you enjoy the read & I appreciate the good luck! I've been pretty hard on myself & the car, but when I look back on the races since Nov. last year. I've been on a consistent roll with going rounds & getting into the money.

Regardless of how I do, the plan is to report both the good & bad; hopefully more of the earlier.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Reminder, this Sat. points race is a single event for those travelling from out of town.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436