DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Gen Y trailer hitches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen Y trailer hitches
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Does anyone have experience with the Gen Y hitches?

https://genyhitch.com/

Expensive, but if they are as good as advertised, may be worth the cost. I tow daily with a 2018 2500 Cummins Ram with about 4-5000# behind me. From time to time in the 9000# range. Thinking it may help with the beating some of my equipment takes on front and rear of my daily equipment trailer.

Thanks in advance.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
A friend has one on his f-350, just the fixed one with the adjustable heights. Very sloppy, a lot of movement.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have one of the torsion hitches,love it.Works as advertised.

Posts: 106 | Location: Indy | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I haven't found much info to go by yet, besides whats on their website. As expensive as these are, I'm hoping to find more people with experience with them before I drop that much money on one.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

Posts: 110 | Location: Wilmington NC | Registered: June 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
Check out www.rhinohitch.com. Yes a little expensive but heavy duty and easy adjustable.

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
Check out www.rhinohitch.com. Yes a little expensive but heavy duty and easy adjustable.

Thanks for the link. Haven't seen these before. Looks like a great option.

William Kilduff
1970 Barracuda
1968 Camaro X2
1968 Caprice
1964 F100

DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
I'm getting ready to order one of these this week for my Class A MH.
http://airsafehitch.com/catego.../receivers/class-vi/

Don't really need a 20k hitch BUT for the difference I'd rather have the extra in case I get something bigger.
Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If the issue is primarily to get the truck to ride a bit smoother I recommend the Shocker Hitch. It uses an adjustable air bag to absorb road shocks and smooth out the ride. We, TrailerToad.com, are a Dealer for this great line of air-ride hitches. Got a question give us a call.
If you are wanting to get the tongue weight off the truck but the Trailer Toad isn't in your current plans then I recommend the Equalizer 1400/14,000 weight distribution hitch by Progress Mfg. We have sold hundreds of them to go along with the Trailer Toads we make and they are simply the STRONGEST WD out there for a 2" or 2.5" receiver.

Be safe out there.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post