DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Start line enhanser install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Start line enhanser install
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have a idea and pics of a biondo startline enhanser install with a bbc tunnel ram set up ?

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 29, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Which model do you have. I have used one of the first three listed online in their adds hookup throttle linkage to upper front bracket works fine used mine for starting line and throttle stop with diodes in power supply wires

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Railway:
Anyone have a idea and pics of a biondo startline enhanser install with a bbc tunnel ram set up ?

What kind of car?

I have the SLE on the gas pedal side on both of my dragsters with a 2.5# bottle in front of feet. Less plumbing and cleaner at the engine.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dragster

Posts: 3 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 29, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Cfs-311 model single cylander only using as a startline enhanser not a throttle stop

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you have a bell crank I'd try to have it mounted there. The gas pedal idea is slick but I think you'd be asking a lot of the cylinder to pull the cable and open two carburetors. If you have a grid the spool limter/Step 5 could be a viable option.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SP 124X:
If you have a grid the spool limter/Step 5 could be a viable option.

Please excuse my lack of experience with the Grid but how would that replace a starting line controller?

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
I believe you wire the SLE output of your delay box to the step 5 green wire, set the step 5 rpm to say 2500. when staging activate your delay box sle input on the top bulb and once fully staged push the TB button and deck the throttle and the engine will only go to 2500 rpm, once you let go the normal SLE sequence of your delay box will take over from there taking the engine to your launch RPM.
My only concern would be the throttle blade of the carb are wide open at 2500 rpm, will this dump extra fuel into the engine or cause a stumble.

Maybe markmark can explain it better

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The function of a sale is to allow the driver not to have to remember to deck it right? So using a grid, the driver would still be using the throttle like normal wouldn’t he?

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1520 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I believe you wire the SLE output of your delay box to the step 5 green wire, set the step 5 rpm to say 2500. when staging activate your delay box sle input on the top bulb and once fully staged push the TB button and deck the throttle and the engine will only go to 2500 rpm, once you let go the normal SLE sequence of your delay box will take over from there taking the engine to your launch RPM.
My only concern would be the throttle blade of the carb are wide open at 2500 rpm, will this dump extra fuel into the engine or cause a stumble.

Maybe markmark can explain it better

That is the way it would work using the spool/step 5. From what I've seen going fat hasn't been a problem with most combinations.

Denis LeBlanc

Posts: 468 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
The function of a sale is to allow the driver not to have to remember to deck it right? So using a grid, the driver would still be using the throttle like normal wouldn’t he?

Yes and no. Once you push the button to activate step 5 in the grid same as you would activate the SLE you could push the pedal to the floor and the engine will go to your pre set RPM, you just have to make sure its not so high it pulls you thru the beams when you bump in. Once you let go of the TB the normal SLE function in the delay box takes over.
The big differance in the pedal would be using a SLE and the air cylinder opens the pedal falls to the floor. With the grid it would still have the return spring tension on it

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, the function of an SLE is so you're not on the rev limiter too long and you are on the limiter the same amount of time on every run to increase consistency.
Personally, I don't think the engine is at it's happiest when it's on the chip and I would just race without an SLE before I tried to use a rev limiter in it's place. Your right foot might not know the difference but your engine will.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
Or... or.. hear me out, you could just stage like a normal person. Enhancers should be legal, but also made fun of.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

Personally, I don't think the engine is at it's happiest when it's on the chip and I would just race without an SLE before I tried to use a rev limiter in it's place. Your right foot might not know the difference but your engine will.

This I agree with, Ill keep using my sle the way I always have I guess

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1520 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hate to upset you guys but after having bottom bulbed for over the last 20 years with the same converter and engine been putin on the floor on 2-step at 3600-4400 for uncounted runs-no damage ever. Yes its all well maintained but never broke it 358 in. engine glide with 1.76 shifts at 7800

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 410 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
use enderle linkage to the carbs and a sle attached to the enderle rocker fulcrum. buy a BIG cylinder too ....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:

No, the function of an SLE is so you're not on the rev limiter too long and you are on the limiter the same amount of time on every run to increase consistency.

You’re both correct, it’s all driver preference.

Posts: 718 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post