DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    IHRA Hot Rod Classic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IHRA Hot Rod Classic
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted
I just looked at the flyer for the first IHRA Hot Rod Classic race and I have a question. If this series was designed to "bring back" the classic IHRA drag racing, then why did they change the index for both Super Rod and Hot Rod classes ?

The index in IHRA Super Rod has always been 6.40.

The index for IHRA Hot Rod has always been 7.00.

They did keep the index of 5.70 for Quick Rod, so why the change in the other Rod classes ?

I also noticed that the entry fee is $150 for the Rod classes.

Here is the link: https://www.ihra.com/ihra-trac...k-goes-live-thursday

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Wild West 2:
I just looked at the flyer for the first IHRA Hot Rod Classic race and I have a question. If this series was designed to "bring back" the classic IHRA drag racing, then why did they change the index for both Super Rod and Hot Rod classes ?

The index in IHRA Super Rod has always been 6.40.

The index for IHRA Hot Rod has always been 7.00.

They did keep the index of 5.70 for Quick Rod, so why the change in the other Rod classes ?

I also noticed that the entry fee is $150 for the Rod classes.

Here is the link: https://www.ihra.com/ihra-trac...k-goes-live-thursday

I would assume it's for NHRA continuity. I'm with you though, they should've left it alone. Anybody who can go 6.30 and 6.90 can also go 6.40 and 7.00 with relative ease. why bother changing it for people who are unlikely to support it anyway?

Have you heard if Hot Rod will have a minimum weight like it used to?

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 211 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
I have not heard or read anything about a minimum weight for this Hot Rod Classic series. The only thing I saw on the info concerning the race and rules is this:

Any questions you can e-mail Heather at heather@ihra.com text/call 636.375.1670

I would imagine there would be a weight minimum. But will it be the NHRA weight minimum or the old IHRA weight minimum, who knows ? Since they seem to want to copy the NHRA, I guess that is what it will be.

If I remember correctly, the NHRA was 2800 lbs and the IHRA was 2600 lbs.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The date at Darlington has no information. Says it will come later ?????

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I'm going to start another thread but thought I'd announce it here as well.
I will be at Extreme Raceway doing Chassis Certs on 9 March in preparation for the Hot Rod Classic.
As I understand it no one will be there for them during the race.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post