3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
A blind monkey could see this coming . Atlanta has slowly became a crap hole with no improvements or repairs in years . All of the immediate area is industrial and inevitability the doors are going to be closed . Good to see a feller that runs the deal can actually insure other member tracks will be available .....LMFAO....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
NHRA is cash poor and in dire need of money. The other rumor has them moving out of Glendora Calif to Florida.

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not surprising at all...just a shame it’s in my backyard...

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The NHRA is no different than any track owner today. when the land is worth far more than the seasonal income stream for a decade or more, it's time to sell and smart to sell.

It's all about the $!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
For me it's nice to hear that they will be putting money into Gainesville Raceway........I would be surprised if they moved out of California, but I get it. We have much lower taxes and cost of living than California, but who doesn't.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
The NHRA is no different than any track owner today. when the land is worth far more than the seasonal income stream for a decade or more, it's time to sell and smart to sell.

It's all about the $!

Yup.

That being said the area around G-ville Raceway is rural and it would be a very long time before that would happen there.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Atlanta is my home track. This might have me ultimately looking for a new hobby. I'm 58 - had planned on buying or building something like a 10.90 door car in the next couple of years to enjoy as I move into retirement, but not sure I want to do that if it's a 2-hour or more tow to go race on a regular basis.

Will likely just keep racing my street car after this season, if I keep racing at all.

The NHRA isn't a business, it's a non-profit, and I would think than ensuring racers have a place to race would be part of their charter. Can't say I admire this decision at all.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
whomper has put atlanta out of business because he wins too much.

ep-maybe they will have something at zmaxx. it is close to me although atlanta is only 2 hours. zmaxx is 1 hr

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
NHRA is cash poor and in dire need of money. The other rumor has them moving out of Glendora Calif to Florida.

Aren't all or most business cash poor right now?. Doubt if they move but it would be a smart thing to get out of here now. Ca is not going to be race car or street car friendly in the near future.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Most businesses I know are booming and not liquidating assets , cash is not a issue other than a money grab for Nhra to distribute as a NON profit LoL

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sure wish the big buck leaders could show us how they are doing everything they can to keep the NHRA afloat . Maybe a 30% salary cut ....LOL

Laughing Hard

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think they should follow the pro teams and move to Brownsburg, In.

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
Most businesses I know are booming and not liquidating assets , cash is not a issue other than a money grab for Nhra to distribute as a NON profit LoL

I will agree that some bussineses are doing very well during this situation, however NHRA is in the entertainment business. Those in that line of business are losing money daily and have been since this all started back in March. NHRA's 2019 tax returns were posted here a few months ago. From what I saw for an organization of their size, they have very little cash carryover from year to year. I would be surprised if they have not had to take out loans to make it this far.

As far as the salaries of the top brass are concerned, they are no different the the commissioner of the NFL or of MLB. Both the NFL and Major League Baseball are also organized as non profit sports organizations, just like the NHRA is.

The federal government is allowing billions of dollars each year to go untaxed in the entertainment industry. If the sports organizations had to pay taxes on their incomes, we would all be paying even higher prices to attend or participate at these events than we already are.

NHRA will sell Atlanta to the highest bidder and they could care less if another care ever goes down that dragstrip or not. Welcome to Corporate America.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
quote:

I think they should follow the pro teams and move to Brownsburg, In.

Considering that they already moved the National Tech center to IRP, and the new tower construction seems to be on hold......new Museum on the IRP property instead of a new tower?....

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post