DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    When is the NAPA Valvoline VR1 sale?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When is the NAPA Valvoline VR1 sale?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted
Thought it was always around February. If not NAPA, then who has a sale coming up on it?

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great oil. Wish they still had the race oil ;VV 853 5/20 and 30. Think that’s the number. We ran it for a while.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
New version of race oil 679082 20w50
679083 10w30

Posts: 12 | Location: indianapolis in | Registered: July 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Saw it for 4.99 qt at menards the other day, then my fried told me its junk (I've ran it for 5 years) he uses Brad Penn..... and runs a nitro 5.50 260mph car so... idk

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Non-Synthetic.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
211 is VR1
New number 822347
API rating SL so it is better on zinc than other SM and up rated oils.
Non synthetic

Posts: 12 | Location: indianapolis in | Registered: July 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly,Autozone used to have the sales.

Cool

Posts: 621 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Got it from NAPA a year or so ago for like $3.99 a quart.

Rob Robertson

DRR Sportsman
Picture of gd31
posted Hide Post
4.99 at Menards, plus 11% rebate is when I stock up

Posts: 600 | Location: Greenwood Indiana | Registered: November 16, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
Blains''s Farm and fleet has it for $4.59

Posts: 110 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aaron vail:
New version of race oil 679082 20w50
679083 10w30

Too thick for our stuff. I might try their 10/30 VR1

Also have 882416-1 Pro V 0/30 race oil but its 15 $

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Autozone used to run a sale every year, then they discontinued it. They only carried 20/50. O'reilly ran it on sale a while back but I haven't seen them do it in years.

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
AutoZone runs a sale most every Jan for $2.00 a quart. (I bought about 175 quarts!)
They had Valvoline VR1
Castrol synthetic 10-40
Valvoline Max life 20-50 and 10-40
and several other brands all for $2 each. They had 4 quarts of the Castrol 0-20? Racing for $1 each on clearance shelf, jumped on them. I stocked up.
Plus I already had several cases of the Brad Penn.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4042 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
our local autozone had it every spring for 2.00 off 10w 30 and 20w 50 VR 1, they had it last year, not sure if they still do

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
Just used almost all of what I have left from the Autozone sale 3-4 years ago. 2 of the quarts had chunks of yellow stuff in them. Did not see the first on as it was in the funnel, the second qt I poured into the ds tank without the funnel so I saw the chunks. Nothing in the tank after running so I assume it mixed. Thinking it might have been paraffin that separated from sitting.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post