DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Another track closing rumor
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another track closing rumor
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCDIV1:
Your last post is a perfect example of why it's best never to engage in a back and forth with someone who needs mental help and that is you Mr. Mike Rietow

You often see videos of cops stopping drunks and how that goes and that's exactly what it's like here with you popping up constantly with your off the wall nonsense...

This site has basically become over run with nonsense and you are the NUMBER ONE offender...by far...

Phuc off...I have an engine to work on....

You wouldn't be laughing if you're shyt was still up for sale.

Would ya?

It's not very nice, just because you don't have the balls.

Sadistic and delusional.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm not selling, so don't laugh, if the freaks legalize pedophilia and outlaw gasoline, I'm moving to where pedophilia is against the law and gasoline is legal.

That's an idea only us loons can come up with, Libtard.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious as to what many think about the possibility of a new track being built in the Denver area.

I would like to be proven wrong,but I say ZERO percent chance.

I just don't see it happening with more and more liberals living in Colorado.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking they got caught up in the moment fighting the freaks during the lockdowns, and spent a couple hundred thousand dollars or more.

When they looked around, they saw this will only get worse, not better.

Got out while they could.

They might build a little track with less exposure, I wouldn't doubt it.

I remember they battled the freaks for a bit.

They even opened up for business, when they were told not too, by freaks.

Americans, unfortunately there wasn't enough Americans doing the same.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
I'd be curious as to what many think about the possibility of a new track being built in the Denver area.

This is the end of an era and Bandimere is not "Just another drag strip." Bandimere has a very strong and loyal customer (racer) base with hundreds of registered racers. They have never hurt for lack of car count but were probably exhausted from endless legal fights with encroaching development.

I am one of the many who built nearly all my leisure time around that track. For twenty seven years I raced several door cars there in several different classes and enjoyed every minute of it with moderate success and made many friends there.

Bandimere owes us racers nothing, they gave us a world class track with a world class staff for longer than most of their racers have been born. I wish them well and am grateful for the opportunity they gave me to relive my youth.

Now, with that said, I don't see this special track being replaced anytime in the near future- if at all. For one thing, Bandimere is blessed by being located adjacent to a large metropolitan area with the vast majority of their clientele living just a few miles from the track. A new track would have to be at least 40 miles away, on a huge tract of land to avoid encroachment, would take several years to build, and would never approach the sophistication of the current facility.
I'm not sure the racers would drive that far or wait that long- Bandimere spoiled us.

On top of that, I believe motor sports in general and drag racing in particular are on life support thanks to the church of climate change and ecology worship.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your earlier post rates right up there as

FAKE NEWS.....

You got egg on your face....

Don't feel bad though....this site is so full of chit on a daily basis it's no big deal...

It does suck to lose another track especially when it's close to you and a National Event facility...

Join the club!! It's growing regularly....but drag racing is doing fine cause I read it right on here....LOL !

Funny thing is, I was at the track last weekend for the first test and tune and was actually told by the staff there is was a rumor, nothing more.....So take your "fake news" and well, you know....kinda hard to believe the rumors when the staff themselves said it wasn't so....only to change the story a few days later. So not my fault, but at least I admitted I stated incorrectly....That's a lot more than many of the people on this site do when they are wrong....

As to a new track, the latest word is that they are going to rebuild, and are actively looking for a new site. My guess is it will be east, out a ways, and somewhere that won't be a development issue for some time to come.

All I can say is this. I've raced there for a long time, not as long as some, but longer than others. I have made friends, memories, and will be leaving a part of me with it when it's done. Kinda hard when you're treated like family and not a customer. The Bandimere family has always been great and have gone above and beyond to make their track the best it could be. I'll miss that place, but I won't miss Colorado, as I'm leaving for good as soon as my house sells... I'm just glad I got to be a part of Bandimere Speedway's history, even if it's just a small part that only I remember......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"A post-democratic society is one that continues to have and to use all the institutions of democracy, but in which they increasingly become a formal shell. The energy and innovative drive pass away from the democratic arena and into small circles of a politico-economic elite."

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:

The management at Englishtown used to say that every year too until one day they didn't!

Heard 2 weeks ago that old bridge has approved the raceway park property for housing development, 3 acre minimum per house.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

FAKE NEWS.....

Ahhh at least he didn’t come report that someone died! Lol

Posts: 715 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

FAKE NEWS.....

Ahhh at least he didn’t come report that someone died! Lol

Laughing Hard

And I'm very glad I didn't.....YET !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCDIV1,

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Laughing Hard

And I'm very glad I didn't.....YET !

Heresay and Opinion!

Just kidding! Sometimes you just gotta laugh!!!

Sucks that another track is closing. Seems like the Bandimere's were well liked. I'm sure it was difficult for them to sell. Can't blame them with the encroachment.

Seems like you need 1000 Acres to have a 250 Acre track to keep a buffer to open a new track.

Anyone know anything about the WV dragstrip and how they are doing?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Or he one above Richmond VA tghat the Gores promised after they sold Manasas? From I-95 it looks like the circle track is finished but can't tell from the road about the drag strip.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Funny thing is, I was at the track last weekend for the first test and tune and was actually told by the staff there is was a rumor, nothing more.....So take your "fake news" and well, you know....kinda hard to believe the rumors when the staff themselves said it wasn't so....only to change the story a few days later. So not my fault, but at least I admitted I stated incorrectly....That's a lot more than many of the people on this site do when they are wrong....
[/QUOTE]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't take it personally, it's likely most of the staff had no clue. The sale of a business is typically very hush-hush until the ink is dry on the contract. The company I worked for a few years ago was sold - the owners son and minority partner had no clue until it was officially announced.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 630 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

I agree 100%

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OBiden boot to poverty.

Bridge to nowhere

Satanic **** hole pedo playground

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With a gasoline ban looming, if you own a drag strip with any exposure, you're considering ways out.

Look around, do you think you're dealing with authorities, who care about what is right?

This ain't complicated.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The same people behind banning gasoline, now wanna legalize pedophilia.

How long will it take for Americans to wake the F up?

And according to the woke Libtards, every American who is awake, is a conspiracy theory loon.

You reap what you sow. You get what you deserve.

If you bend over on command for any order from authorities, no matter how absurd. You will get what you deserve.

From what I can tell from talking to you people over the last 8 years or so, you're gonna get what you deserve, and take the rest of us out with you.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you take a kid from a parent and won't tell the parent where there kid is, that's kidnapping.

Call it what it is.

If you cut the kids nuts off the child without telling the kids parents.

That's the highest level of child abuse there is.

Call it what it is.

Not standing up for what is right makes you an accomplice.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
While we were arguing tax cuts, Libtards were arguing to cut your kids nuts off.

-Dan Bongino

What's this have to do with tracks closing?

Everything

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dude, you need help. Please stop

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post