Find
Notify
Tools

New Super Comp?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
LOL, I haven't been on this website for probably over a year and the first thread i click on has 1320 racer arguing with people. Some things never change. Still have him blocked from previous visits so no idea what he's spewing unless you guys quote him.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
$16,000 including contingency. Well you definitely haven't raced for a long time. Try maybe $7,500 if they all pay you.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Larry you are right it has been 20 years since I raced Super Comp. It used to be 300 per sticker for win and 200 for runner up. If I remember correctly the race itself paid 1500-2000. Its a sorry state if they advertise to pay and dont. I won a race end of May and they paid me in full at the track. I won a 20,000 two weeks ago and they paid me right at the track. I realize that with contingency money you have to get it in the mail but it sounds pretty ****ty if they do not pay. How much did they short you out of?

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
maybe $7,500 if they all pay you.

Wrong

quote:
Originally posted by SLICKSTER:
It used to be 300 per sticker for win and 200 for runner up. If I remember correctly the race itself paid 1500-2000.

still does and $1,800 to win. Kyle got around $11,000 with contingency when he won the Mopar Express Lane Nationals at Maple Grove almost 2 years ago.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/reading-sc

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If you do Facebook & if you do Ford's. First class no doubt.

https://www.facebook.com/comme...30877281/?media_id=0

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey 1320racer thats encouraging to know. Every once and a while I get a hair up my butt and say well lets through the stop on, change to the glide with the hipsters brake and let it eat.LOL I would not have big MPH as I figure 1320 at maybe 161 but the new wife has never been pro light racing so may happen in the near future. Maybe throw the gas set up on it for ease on the stop. Are you running gas or alky?

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Gas

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1320racer scratch the fuel type as I know better as you are running a 648 so its on gas, MY BAD.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
If you do Facebook & if you do Ford's. First class no doubt.

https://www.facebook.com/comme...30877281/?media_id=0

Junk!

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
IMO, all of the suspended cars work well in SC. Pick what features you like on what cars and let that drive your decision. It doesn't need to be super light.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor and let go of that 21" cage idea. Not only will it kill resale but you will regret it. I am 6" & 185lb and have been racing a dragster for 25+ years and I wouldn't even consider buying a car with a 21" cage. If safety is your concern, then you are better off getting the 23" car and getting a pour-in seat and/or all the fancy ISP padding.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 631 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
BD104X…KNOWS!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
A guy named Chad Axford has a new 2020 American for sale over on Top Sportsman/Top Dragster for sale page on Facebook.

Good luck with whatever you pick!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5315 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post