New
Find
Notify
Tools

House car?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
If I race on a tab, but only settle my tab out of winnings, am I a house car?

Posts: 528 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Some promotoers will some won't allow you to take the winnings off of your tab. If your a house car...there is no tab.

Simple answer: No, a house car pays nothing for entry and splits what he/she wins with promoter.

IMAGINE racing with no skin in the game? Potentially no pressure. If you lose...you lost nothing. If you win...happy days!

Simple questions with simple answers.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
I'm sure opinions will very but that situation does not sound like a typical "house car" arrangement.

My best understanding of a "house car" is the driver's entry is given/paid/provided by the individual directing/promoting/hosting the event.
Whether it's the race promotor or the track ownership representative, whichever the case may be, there's normally an agreement between them and the car owner/driver regarding a split on any winnings in exchange for the entry or a discount of that entry.

Running a Tab is seen as a convenience for the racer. Instead of making multiple payments during the course of the race days, the racer makes one payment at or near the events conclusion. That's a customer convenience, not a "house car arrangement".

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
If your a house car...there is no tab.

This is correct. Do people not understand how this works?

Posts: 124 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If the promoter owes me money, so I am racing for "free", am I a house car?

Posts: 528 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If I owe the promoter money, and the only way he will be paid is if I win, am I a house car?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am not talking about a single event tab.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
If the promoter owes me money, so I am racing for "free", am I a house car?

Closing a tab out doesn't make you a house car, unless the tab is based on a percentage of the winnings going to the house, based on a pre-arranged agreement.

Common sense.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only way a house car is a wrong based on the laws of the universe, is if the house tilts the table in favor of the house car.

In that case it is theft. Theft is wrong.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There are many different levels of financial involvement between racers and promoters. I'm just trying to find out at what point most consider you to be a house car.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are many different levels of financial involvement between racers and promoters. I'm just trying to find out at what point most consider you to be a house car.

Ok, as long as the "financial involvement" doesn't include the sponsor / promoter taking a pre-arranged portion / percentage of the winnings, you're not a house car.

The only way a house car is a wrong based on the laws of the universe, is if the house tilts the table in favor of the house car.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Or if a house car is snuck into 3rd round to adjust the rounds so that less cars are paid out. 3 at semis, 5 at quarters is pretty great for the promoter

Posts: 820 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The only wrong that ever existed, includes theft.

They don't teach this in school anymore.

If they did, they couldn't steal your rights as easily.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:

Or if a house car is snuck into 3rd round to adjust the rounds so that less cars are paid out. 3 at semis, 5 at quarters is pretty great for the promoter

That's theft of your right to win the race, based on the original amount of cars in the race.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have accrued a tab of 5,000 dollars with the promoter, and I am still adding to the tab this race and the only way the tab can be settled is thru winnings. Am I a house car?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:

I totally disagree with that statement. When I line up at any of the Big Bucks races especially the Million dollar races, that's MY money. There is going to be some added pressure there. If your a house car with entry paid and doubled you can set up .003 and not give a damn.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have accrued a tab of 5,000 dollars with the promoter, and I am still adding to the tab this race and the only way the tab can be settled is thru winnings. Am I a house car?

No because you're gonna settle the tab whether you win or not, or you're wrong (theft).

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nope, only way promoter gets paid is thru winnings.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:

I totally disagree with that statement. When I line up at any of the Big Bucks races especially the Million dollar races, that's MY money. There is going to be some added pressure there. If your a house car with entry paid and doubled you can set up .003 and not give a damn.

So you're saying Rambo, Glidden, WJ, Force won more money drag racing than anyone else, because they had less pressure on them, because sponsorships paid their way?

This is how all these nit wit laws came about which have FK'd this country.

Every wrong includes theft of rights. Your idea of wrong steals rights.

80% of the times I've shown up at the track, I used my last dollar for entry. Never bothered me because I wanted 100% of the winnings.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:

So you're saying Rambo, Glidden, WJ, Force won more money drag racing than anyone else, because they had less pressure on them, because sponsorships paid their way?

Totally different ball game. They have sponsors and they need to perform to keep those sponsors. The sponsors were not getting kick backs from races won, their ROI is from the advertising.

House cars get free entries and race without any pressure and give a portion of the money back to the race promoter.

Posts: 637 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post