DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    How Fear Finally Caught up with NHRA Legend John Force
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Fear Finally Caught up with NHRA Legend John Force
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Good article with JF, like him or not.

Autoweek Article with John Force

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have a new perspective of John Force.

When you read the words in this article it reveals a side of him that is completely human, not a robot pre-programed with a regimented delivery pitching a Sponsor. This came from his heart. Age can bring wisdom, and Mr. Force certainly found a boat load of wisdom.

My respect for him grew, another boat load.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Force is the real deal, as far as I'm concerned he is the Superman of fuel funny cars...long live John Force

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
John Force is the best at what he does and that’s being John Force. No doubt the covid pandemic impacted him, it has impacted all of us but the timing and content of that interview is orchestrated by John Force.

That said, I was never scared of getting COVID, I assumed I would get it after all, the WHO said a year ago that 80% of the world’s population would get it but I never thought if I did get it, I would end up in the hospital on a ventilator or worse despite being in one of the high risk groups. Having tested positive 4 weeks ago, I still didn’t fear the worse and 4 days after testing positive, the body aches, low energy and slight fever were gone and I was back at work 10 days after testing positive and after 2 negative tests within 48 hours of each other. My coworker and friend tested positive 1 week before me and is in the hospital on a ventilator fighting for his life. Maybe I was just lucky.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
With my age being 74, I easily relate to Johnn's comments. It is common for many men to become more tender and introspective as the years tally up.

One day at Glenn Self's shop, this same subject was being discussed. {I think Gleen is 78] Glenn asks, "have I showed you the tape measure to age comparison?"

He then said, "consider each inch is a year" then he pulled the tap out to 78 inches. "Look at all the years I have used up," he said.

Try the experiment for yourself, extent a tape measure out to your age. It is a sobering revelation.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1834 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You were lucky Ed. I have lost several friends to it. Some quite a bit younger than myself. Count your blessings!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’m just happy my haters here were denied a celebration. Big Grin

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
We would not Celebrate if you did not make it.

As for John Force and that article I think part of the reason for that was to keep him and his sponsors in the news as that is after all what he gets paid for.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I got the first inoculation yesterday (Moderna) and had zero negative effects. I was told that it would improve my reaction times, so what the he!!.... why not give it a try but really, I think they are lying.

Not joking....we have lost several friends.

Bob

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is common for many men to become more tender and introspective as the years tally up.

It's the bell curve of life. On one end they call them pampers, on the other it's depends! As testosterone and estrogen wains the sexes become more alike. Even old George Wallace repented just before he died.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
I’m just happy my haters here were denied a celebration. Big Grin

No hate (your words), we just tell you how it is! You have been a forum punk/queeny for many years & you deserve most everything you have received on the forums. Wink

I'm glad you only had mild symptoms of COVID, but many have not & even lost their lives. I have yet to get it & very well may get it. Until then, I take the advice of my Dr's for my conditions.

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2550 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again, you wouldn’t call me a punk to my face!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If you're elderly or in poor health, you're at risk from the flu, the same.

I still don't know anyone with even symptoms. Or anyone who knows anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by n5ifi:
The US govt last week updated the survival rates (i.e., IF infected) for Covid19:
0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Interesting interview of Force, it seems he looked inward and learned something from all of this and his year off. It will be interesting to see if we learn anything from all of this.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Again.......You don't take your forum punk shyt to anyone's face. You have plenty of hate for 183N, you go all queeny on DRR then do nothing in person. It goes both ways, STFU loser boy. Wink

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2550 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
quote:

Again.......You don't take your forum punk shyt to anyone's face. You have plenty of hate for 183N, you go all queeny on DRR then do nothing in person. It goes both ways, STFU loser boy. Wink

Says the clueless loser and sitter with junk! This ain’t about 183N nor do I have hate for him however when you shoot your mouth off about me here then when I’m 5 feet from you and all you’ve got for me is hello that says it all.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
The point is you shoot your keyboard off to many people, but don't follow up to their face. I can't help that calling you a forum punk struck a nerve, truth hurts. Wink

As for all the hate you send my way, as you say clueless. I wouldn't have any success in racing, if it was true. So, again you are wrong on many counts!

Wrong

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
The point is you shoot your keyboard off to many people, but don't follow up to their face. I can't help that calling you a forum punk struck a nerve, truth hurts. Wink

As for all the hate you send my way, as you say clueless. I wouldn't have any success in racing, if it was true. So, again you are wrong on many counts!

Wrong

I got KING, he'll need lawyers in 20 seconds or less, for $100.00. Smile

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mickey, talk about what you know, not what you think you know! In the meantime, you’ll always be an Internet forum clown and we all agree

And Bracket Talk too

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mickey, talk about what you know, not what you think you know! In the meantime, you’ll always be an Internet forum clown and we all agree

And Bracket Talk too

Are you projecting yourself on others again Ed?

It provides you no cover, but nice try!

I got KING, he'll need lawyers in 20 seconds or less, for $100.00. You got a problem with that, Why? Smile