DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No box winner at the million
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No box winner at the million
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That is a topic for another discussion, Foot Brake, No E, No Box---the list goes on and I have even seen EFI cars running foot brake programming every round with their lap top as well as electric cars. Used to be no buttons on the steering wheel and now I have seen as many as 4. How ever he did it he won against some of the best TOP racers in the country. Maine, Isn't that up near the North Pole?

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure some expert said nobody wins big money race with a hoodless doorcar.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yup off the bottom with a trans brake. No Delay box. He is the real deal. I met Donnie 10 years ago in a final at Milan Dragway. Knew his dad Ron, but first time I remember meeting Donnie. Have watched him ever since. Humble and very talented. His dad also very talented. Nick Hasting won on Wed. yup no delay tradin feet. Then Donnie with a car he bought for under 9000.two years ago and a little tweeking between him and his Dad runs the table. No Box, No Grid, No electric shifter, No wheelie bars, etc.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
Congrat Donnie, Great story and great for bracket racing.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 241 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
didnt he pack up and leave Saturday morning?

ep-i am glad he got it done. cool.

cant believe he didnt have a hood either. he did not get the memo

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Yes and went to a race in Mid Illinois on the way home, I think the lucky 7s

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What an awesome story!!!

Posts: 721 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
He went .001 red 1st round of Saturday's race, then headed to the lucky 7's for Sunday's race.

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Geez, did he ever get any sleep?

He`s probably still high on adrenaline!

Awesome job, very impressive!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 161 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dude's at it again. WDRA World Finals he won a $5000 Gambler's Race AND the No Box World Championship.

He said he's going to buy a dually and an enclosed trailer now.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good golly. He's on a rip

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slantzilla:
He said he's going to buy a dually and an enclosed trailer now.

If I was on a winning streak like that, I don't think I'd change anything, including possibly my drawers.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Saw yesterday he got a newer SRW truck and an enclosed, and kept his old truck and open trailer.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
Great to hear! Well deserved...

Don`t get rid of the OG setup for a little while!

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 161 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post