DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?
 Login/Join
 
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Buddy of mine had a 2021 Racetek built with all the whistles. 50 K rolling in 2021.

Far from “ALL” the whistles for $50k

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

I know the Mullis cost is crazy getting back
to the OP, but let’s look at it.

Rolling chassis loaded out: carbon fiber, wing, deltas, race pak and sensors: 60K

$70k minimum


Mine didn’t include paint, not sure if yours did

Regardless, I don’t think people realize how much the price of cars has increased in the last 2 years to build

No paint
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
125 grand isn't a lot of money for some people. If it's nice and they want it, they'll buy it. Already done, no wait time. If your selling something, you may as well shoot for the stars.
 
Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Nitzsche
posted Hide Post
My moly tubing prices went up 37% from 2020-2021 and I buy in pretty big quantities. I think I can get through this year with what I have, but I look for it to be higher next time. Truck freight on the tubing went from $250ish to $1200ish......thats crazy! Most consumables have stayed pretty close to old pricing.
 
Posts: 1364 | Location: Lansing,Mi | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jonesz:

You wanna see hyperinflation?

I received one of these last Tuesday JEGS price.

899.99 this week

WOW!

Its still $696.59 at Jegs just like it was last week. Jegs and Summit can differ you know. Try comparing apples to apples, not apple's to baseballs...



I was going to mention the same but you beat me to it. Seems someone is acting like a politician misleading folks attempting to prove a statement. Pretty widely known you can buy parts direct from Strange cheaper than from summit too but besides the point.


"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Given these astronomic prices for drasgters I will happily sell out dual suspended Diamond for way less than these astronomic prices listed her. She aint brand new but we did redo the car last winter Big Grin

Also have a new car being done at Bickle for far less than the quoted prices here. Was put in the que this past winter.


"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero
 
Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I am Just gonna keep my old ass door car lol


"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55
 
Posts: 1381 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I noticed when looking on Danny Nelson's website there is a "Make a payment" option. Now I'm starting to see why these new cars are so high, and how people afford them.

Can't finance a used race car very easily.
 
Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.
 
Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s a long long way from a turnkey blower motor top dragster.

That said, a complete roller, plumbed and wired, ready for your engine and trans from any of the major dragster builders…American, Miller, Racetech, Elite, will cost you between $60 and $75k without paint, depending on options.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s a long long way from a turnkey blower motor top dragster.

That said, a complete roller, plumbed and wired, ready for your engine and trans from any of the major dragster builders…American, Miller, Racetech, Elite, will cost you between $60 and $75k without paint, depending on options.


I have roughly $35,000 invested into it so far. That is including everything minus the engine and trans.
 
Posts: 24 | Location: Indianapolis  | Registered: March 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Then you’re assembling it, wiring it, plumbing it yourself.

I know what a new car costs from all the builders I mentioned because I have quotes from them.
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.


True, that may be a long way from Turnkey but it is also a LONG way from $125,000 to $140,000!

I have said this before right now cars and houses are selling for WAY more than they are worth and the bottom has to fall out very soon. I can not blame anyone for trying to get everything they can out of it and honestly right now is a good time to get out of racing. We simply do not know what the future is for us now but it does not look good.

I am already seeing signs of the bottom falling out and when it does that car that was 70K new and now asking 125 to 140K will not even be worth 50K after the crash. We are on the edge and Biden is pushing full speed ahead.


https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
 
Posts: 3953 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.


True, that may be a long way from Turnkey but it is also a LONG way from $125,000 to $140,000!

I have said this before right now cars and houses are selling for WAY more than they are worth and the bottom has to fall out very soon. I can not blame anyone for trying to get everything they can out of it and honestly right now is a good time to get out of racing. We simply do not know what the future is for us now but it does not look good.

I am already seeing signs of the bottom falling out and when it does that car that was 70K new and now asking 125 to 140K will not even be worth 50K after the crash. We are on the edge and Biden is pushing full speed ahead.


A quick scan of that list and there's 10's of thousands left to go, incorrect pricing if you're trying compare to a high end build etc. I mean right off, you're not buying a top level 3rd member for $1900, or axles for $550. M/w 3rd member with good stuff is $2700 and ultimate axles are $1200. That's just a quick scan. No, you don't HAVE to have that stuff, but you can't compare prices and then use far lesser products to prove the point


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Edit, M/W had another price increase, so a top shelf 3rd member with no crazy fancy stuff is $3100 and bare axles are $1250.

And just wait till you price out a new CV shaft... $1600.

60k - 75k for a new, high level roller is not that hard to see.

I'm building a brand new, very nice dragster for my wife right now, motor is nothing fancy, 490" makes maybe 900hp, that car is 100k tk


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
EXACTLY!

Will Harrison...KNOWS
 
Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
Edit, M/W had another price increase, so a top shelf 3rd member with no crazy fancy stuff is $3100 and bare axles are $1250.

And just wait till you price out a new CV shaft... $1600.

60k - 75k for a new, high level roller is not that hard to see.

I'm building a brand new, very nice dragster for my wife right now, motor is nothing fancy, 490" makes maybe 900hp, that car is 100k tk


It's a complete rip-off when you just think that they could be going down the track in an old Toyota Tacoma for relative pennies!


Tony Leonard
 
Posts: 3145 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
Edit, M/W had another price increase, so a top shelf 3rd member with no crazy fancy stuff is $3100 and bare axles are $1250.

And just wait till you price out a new CV shaft... $1600.

60k - 75k for a new, high level roller is not that hard to see.

I'm building a brand new, very nice dragster for my wife right now, motor is nothing fancy, 490" makes maybe 900hp, that car is 100k tk


It's a complete rip-off when you just think that they could be going down the track in an old Toyota Tacoma for relative pennies!
Not worthy


.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link
 
Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will Harrison:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.


True, that may be a long way from Turnkey but it is also a LONG way from $125,000 to $140,000!

I have said this before right now cars and houses are selling for WAY more than they are worth and the bottom has to fall out very soon. I can not blame anyone for trying to get everything they can out of it and honestly right now is a good time to get out of racing. We simply do not know what the future is for us now but it does not look good.

I am already seeing signs of the bottom falling out and when it does that car that was 70K new and now asking 125 to 140K will not even be worth 50K after the crash. We are on the edge and Biden is pushing full speed ahead.


A quick scan of that list and there's 10's of thousands left to go, incorrect pricing if you're trying compare to a high end build etc. I mean right off, you're not buying a top level 3rd member for $1900, or axles for $550. M/w 3rd member with good stuff is $2700 and ultimate axles are $1200. That's just a quick scan. No, you don't HAVE to have that stuff, but you can't compare prices and then use far lesser products to prove the point


Weld delta rears and v series fronts with tires can run close to 12K after shipping and taxes

Are a set of 500 dollar shocks going on it or is it getting something like an ohlins

Like will said, it doesn’t have to have these things, but you can’t compare it to one that does and say it’s too expensive because you used all the cheap stuff and did the labor yourself and didn’t factor in labor costs
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vince Kaiser:
Stage 1 Swing Arm Dragster $14,700.00
Dragster Hood Support $250.00
All Carbon Mono Wing $2,045.00
Swing Arm Rear Cover Panel Kit $150.00
Aluminum 7/8" Bore Master Cylinder $83.01
13' Throttle Cable and Hardware Kit $110.00
15' Killswitch Cable and Hardware Kit $135.00
Inside Killswitch control kit $90.00
Parachute Release Cable Kit w/ lever $92.00
LED Tail Light Chute Mount $54.95
Powder Coat $1,050.00
Powder Coat small parts/interior $350.00
Modular Seat Cover Sides $178.50
Wedge Seat Cover Back $170.00
3/8" Seat Cover Bottom $76.50
Seat Cover Velcro Kit $7.00
SFI Roll Bar Padding $98.95
Floor Skit Tape Kit $18.00
Carbon Floor Tunnel $495.00
RacePak IQ3 Dash Flush Mt. Kit $35.00
Fuel level light kit $180.00
Belly Pan Kit Carbon $300.00
Belly Pan Tab Kit $65.00
Laterial Limiter $165.00
Trans Cooler Mount Kit $90.00
Racing Trans Cooler $136.00
Trans Cooler Fan & Shroud kit $159.00
40 Spline Axles (Pair) $465.00
Gun Drilled $100.00
Axle Bearing and Lock ring $49.00
5/8"-18 Screw in Stud Kit $90.00
Third Member $1,925.00
Brake Kit (B1700WC2S) $995.00
Labor $340.00
Total $25,247.91

That's what it cost to build my new Racetech. Picking it up in August.


I can add an easy 25K-30K of new parts to this before it’s on par with everything the Mullis had, not including labor
 
Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 5 6  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone else see the 125-140k Mullis dragster for sale?

© DragRaceResults.com 2024