DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Division 7 ET Finals will be at Sacramento
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Division 7 ET Finals will be at Sacramento
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
(from Division 7 Facebook)

The Pacific Division announced today that the Summit Racing Equipment ET Finals will take place at Sacramento Raceway in 2021. The event, scheduled for September 30 – October 3, will see racers from all across the southwest return to the historic Northern California facility for the first time since 2010.
Changes for 2021 have competition in Super Pro and Pro ET taking place over an 1/8 mile course for the event, while Sportsman, Motorcycle and High School will compete at the ¼ mile distance. Also new for 2021 will be a return of the Race of Champions, which will take place on Friday evening of the event.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This was posted from the dragstrip manager about the ROC.

Jeff Foster

No the race of champions is now just 1 car from each track racing for bragging rights and a trophy. The Saturday team race winners will advance to the finals.

That being said, I haven't returned to Sacramento since the 90s & don't plan on returning. I made it down to 5 cars in the Gambler race during the ET Finals. The track curfew stopped the race & they split the money with 4 of the cars (all from Sacramento). I don't hold a grudge, LOL! They probably not getting my business again. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
ooohhh, ouch

I'll check you off as "Still stinging from something close to 30 years ago."
Is there a name I can attribute this to as well?

In any case, have fun wherever the 2022 ET finals are being held.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you, DJ and the kids. Can you get us a Divisional race Eric? Praying

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4598 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Will you settle for a National Open?

First weekend of June
There is still the double at Sonoma.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I guess. lol thanks! See you soon.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4598 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Sacramento can't handle that many cars in the pits. They will have to pit a lot of them outside the gate in the parking lot.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't remember us having to do that either of the last 2 times we hosted the ET finals.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Eric, some real experts on here and they don’t even run the Summit Series

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I ran the series for years before I retired 2 years ago. I also ran the Heritage series and VW series with my son. Made many trips to Sacramento.

Posts: 4824 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I remember the good old days when that guy back east was always claiming that Baylands and Sonoma somehow were cheating with their teams at the ET finals.

Merry Christmas everyone!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Arnett:
quote:

I remember the good old days when that guy back east was always claiming that Baylands and Sonoma somehow were cheating with their teams at the ET finals.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Lol I remember that Eric!

IPdailey.. Do you race? What division?

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago before the ET finals were even thought of. Enjoy all of it but not able to attend these days.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

Come on You P, we all know there's only one expert on DRR (ED)! It's definitely not me, but I have raced a butt load Summit Series races.

I have raced 30++ years all across the great country at many tracks. I've been fortunate to pick & chose; how I race, when I race & where I race. Wink

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2698 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was at Sacramento this year running the double National Open. I also raced the E.T. Finals there years ago when there was 500 plus cars. Plenty of room. Well prepped, other than the high temps had a great time. Good choice for an ET finals track. Now that Somona Summit series is done and not knowing if Fontana is re-opening I hope I can get on a team.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected. If Larry say's it's okay, it's okay. They must have made some changes since I was there last.
Not worthy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
B King, I kinda forgot about the 1320wannaberacer

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I stand corrected. If Larry say's it's okay, it's okay. They must have made some changes since I was there last.
Not worthy

Last time I raced at Sac all I remember is pitting on the rolling hills of grassland and you had to steer to the right to avoid bumps in the left lane. The thing I remember most though was the guy standing at the front gate holding a shotgun telling everyone to leave...Never did find out what the problem was lol..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4520 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
well.... (sorry, still thinking about this one)

OK
we still have rolling hills at the top end of the track. Super Pro and Pro are only running 1/8 mile so if there is still a bump, at least you will be going slower. Probably can't accommodate having a guy at the front gate with a shotgun anymore because this is California. I have access to a terra cotta warrior cutout that I can take a sword to if needed

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Everyone in Calif. needs to just be happy there is still an operating 1/4 mile drag strip or 2 in the state and make sure you support them!! You need them just as much as they need you

Posts: 2516 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post