DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree readers (here we go again)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree readers (here we go again)
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted
Back to this topic again. Has there been any evidence of these being a thing yet? It's been talked about to death but has anyone been caught with one? Has the new software made a difference at the tracks that are using it to combat this new technology?

I don't want to beat a dead horse but I'm curious if its a real thing with hard evidence.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Can not say if anyone caught. I do believe it would be easy enough for the techno type to have one and hard as hell to find. I also have a hard believing in some of the total packages in the later rounds of big money races by same folks over and over. I can see a .00- package once in a while and maybe 2 back to back.$ o5 just when needed?Hard to believe.

One thing is for sure I am too non-tech to have one.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4193 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Tom people have stated he could build one but I have yet to see anyone who put in a car and made it work. I really don’t think it’s possible but I could be wrong been wrong before.haha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nobody has caught me yet.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Nobody has caught me yet.
Call

please post three hits one right after another with .00+ lights in a row. hahaha

Didn't think of that

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If someone will build me one I will beta test it, I suck on the tree on a regular bases

Posts: 2433 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted Hide Post
I think the technology is here.
How do these self driving cars detect the traffic lights, turn signals from other cars etc?
Pretty strange to see these cars driving down the road with no one at the wheel.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bruce , the cars are scary but down here they have a place doing the same with semi trucks. Saw one up close the passenger said it had over 100 sensors Feeding three computers on board. What could go wrong

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
M120 : Left lane Rt=.000 Mov=.010

M120: Right lane Rt=.001 Mov=.005

M120: Left lane Rt=.001 Mov=.002

Then I fell asleep dreaming about battling dragons and falling to a Viking wench.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Now that’s funny !! Laughing very hard clapping Shake head

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I try.
Bored stuck at home.☹️

Cool

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
As has been said before by myself and others. I absolutely believe the technology is there to build a tree reader.

The problem I think would be placing it so it could get a consistent reading in daylight, dark and with camera flashes.

The other problem would be hiding the cheating device. Computers, cameras and all are getting better and smaller but still I think it would be hard to hide.

Do not spend too much time worrying about possibility of someone cheating. Try to make your program better.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4026 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I would think if word got out someone was using it, it would spread life wildfire just ahead of the lynching

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6411 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
All I know is a damn TESLA comes with a factory tree reader…so it ain’t to hard

Posts: 1259 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I do believe sensors exist to react to a light source. But I don't believe that translates to perfect reaction times on demand. No more than a delay box equals perfect reaction times. Somebody is going to have to prove me wrong. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Compulink has a jammer built into their system

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike English,

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12289 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
As has been said before by myself and others. I absolutely believe the technology is there to build a tree reader.

The problem I think would be placing it so it could get a consistent reading in daylight, dark and with camera flashes.

The other problem would be hiding the cheating device. Computers, cameras and all are getting better and smaller but still I think it would be hard to hide.

Do not spend too much time worrying about possibility of someone cheating. Try to make your program better.

I work in automation and we use sensors and cameras that could be made to read a tree, However, the exact issues you state are why it is improbable you could make it work. Plus, it would be a ***** to hide it.

Posts: 73 | Location: park forest, il | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
There are sensors on the internet for cheap. I bought one but wiring it is above my pay grade. Then there is hiding it on a car and trying to get it to do the same thing in many different conditions. Daylight sunny, daylight cloudy, morning sun, evening sun, nighttime with spot lights on the tree, night time without a spotlight, different tracks, the list goes on and on. I doubt it can be done successfully.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would say it would be remotely operated by a crewman/spectator that could focuses/aim it at the appropriate tree bulb and then it would trigger a receiver hidden in the car.

Just my 2 cents.

And yes, the technology already exists.

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I wonder how simple bracket racing got so expensive?
Technology is great, then it ruins everything a lot like money. The technology or rumors about it start so then the promoters/tracks have to combat it with technology or rumors about it.
Footbrake, the great equalizer.

Posts: 1463 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post