DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Roadside Assistance While Towing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roadside Assistance While Towing
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Who do you use for roadside assistance while towing?

About a month+ ago, I blew a charge tube on the dually while towing. I was not far out of Vegas & about 40 miles from home. Luckily my son & his friend came with a dually & towed my trailer home. We were able to put a couple hose clamps on the charge tube & I limped it home.

Anyway, I felt pretty un-prepared for the break down.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I have have had both Coach Net and Good Sam with good results but my Progressive insurance also has some sort of road service included which I have never tried to use.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Following - Would like to know what happens when you're towing a trailer. It's my understaning AAA will tow your motorhome but won't tow your trailer.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
Following - Would like to know what happens when you're towing a trailer. It's my understaning AAA will tow your motorhome but won't tow your trailer.

I have USAA & I know my dually is covered. Need to find out from them if they will arrange for the tow of the trailer. I don't care if they pay or maybe check to see if I can have it added. Guess I need to find time to email or call them about it.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Had the same thing years ago. Lost a filter head gasket assembly . Rhonda added trailer towing to our policy. Think it was 200 more AAA.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
COACHNET

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FastLane
posted Hide Post
Was this your new rig?

Posts: 395 | Location: Parked... | Registered: May 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FastLane:
Was this your new rig?

I'm assuming you're asking me, yes it was.

The truck is a 2023 bought in late 2022 & has 14,000 miles on it. One of the crimp clamps or silicon/rubber connections came off the metal charge tube. It was covered under warranty.

I now carry a couple T-bolt clamps with me just in case. I guess this is an issue with all brands & common when upping the boost with reprogramming. My truck is stock with plenty of power & don't feel the need for more.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ive had Good Sam Platinum Plus for years and years. I pay 220 a year but like any other insurance its good if you need it. It does pay for tow and towed vehicles.The thing I like most about it, is they will take the load anywhere you want up to 100 miles.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sst5167
posted Hide Post
I would never leave my driveway with my rig without having COACHNET. A few years ago, I had a camshaft break in my motorhome on my way back from Indy. My motorhome and stacker trailer got towed 137 miles to the nearest Cummins dealership, and I didn't pay a penny out of pocket.

Mike Boehner

Posts: 92 | Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike,

If you don't mind saying, how much is the Coach Net pricing?

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sst5167: My motorhome and stacker trailer got towed 137 miles to the nearest Cummins dealership, and I didn't pay a penny out of pocket.

Did they tow the MH and stacker trailer with separate tow vehicles?

Posts: 2459 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
I have State Farm Insurance and they towed my motorhome and trailer twice in 15 years. Both times they towed motorhome and trailer together, which scared the hell out of me.

Last year, when I needed it most, they left me stranded by the side of the road during rush hour in Atlanta. They told me someone would be there in an hour. 12 hours later and 20 phone calls, nobody showed up. Found out later that it was a bad area, and tow trucks don't operate there.

If it weren't for some great racers who I contacted to help, I'd still be there.

Not a fan of State Farm...

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
I have USAA & I know my dually is covered. Need to find out from them if they will arrange for the tow of the trailer. I don't care if they pay or maybe check to see if I can have it added. Guess I need to find time to email or call them about it.

2BKING
Relaxing

My wife called USAA & the roadside assistance covers the trailer towing if the truck breaks down. We need to find out if they will tow the trailer if it breaks down, I doubt it.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
AAA has instituted a $500 cap on on the RV Premier coverage, definitely not worth the price any longer.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 82 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post