Find
Notify
Tools

Tony Stewart Wins
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
It takes more than money to win.It is sure as hell easier with money than it is w/o. Half of cars running TA/D are rental cars McPhillips and Myers have as many as 3 or 4 on any weekend. Tony Samseul now has two so those three owners account for half the field or more on most weekends. Great deal for owners and cheaper than building a team for those who can afford the ride. With it taking close to half million to run full season and if winning it all you might get 60% back and that is hell of a might, it is not for those needing the money to race on.

Agree Curly. Any class running 270 mph should be pro class.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wide,
I agree with you.

I always liked the Frank Manzo vs Bob Newberry rivalry in Div 1. They were the builders,tuners and drivers.
Any sponsorship that they got was because they won on the track.
It didn't come from Facebook likes or the sort.
Times have changed. Rent a Ride for sponsorship or deep pockets. It shouldn't be that way in the Alcohol Classes in my opinion.

My 2¢

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:
I love Smoke, but it also just goes to show that you can buy wins in a heads up class.

Bro he has won racing since he started as. Child.

I started by saying I love the guy, and he absolutely has more talent in his pinky, thank most have in their whole body. Driver ability does nothing, if you're 2 tenths off the bump.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post