DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    National Finals Bracket Race
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Finals Bracket Race
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
LOL you guys are thinking way to small!

Not an invitation, only by winnings
No entry fee
16 racers
Multiple Races
Big Payouts
Corporate Sponsors
Live Coverage
Pay Per view

Maybe even Wheel Standers!

Maybe.
But working hinges on a good amount of pay per view. Sure some of us are going to be interested. We are already a pretty small group. Think we would get 10% of our group of racers to watch?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
LOL you guys are thinking way to small!

Not an invitation, only by winnings
No entry fee
16 racers
Multiple Races
Big Payouts
Corporate Sponsors
Live Coverage
Pay Per view

Maybe even Wheel Standers!

Maybe.
But working hinges on a good amount of pay per view. Sure some of us are going to be interested. We are already a pretty small group. Think we would get 10% of our group of racers to watch?

PPV and heads up drag racing doesn't work for anyone but the people collecting subscription money and it barely works for them. They pay the promoters a pittance for the 'rights' to stream their events (normally locks them in for 5 years) and if they don't see enough subscriptions from your events you get the axe.

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I like it Scott and my son and I would participate in anything you do if possible my friend!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If you are super good at getting corporate sponsors......which is kinda what you do, it would certainly be cool.
Seems like the participants would be the same who big money race currently. Which is fine. But is see no way that a local racer who dominates points at a track for maybe $1k per race, plus maybe a couple $5k's during the season, has a chance to qualify against a fella whose only win for the season was $50 or $100k
If that is the group you are looking for.....they are already equipped and willing to travel. They will be there.

Torquin and son are already regulars not only at these kinds of events, but in the winners circle. I'd see them being there because it fits with their program and they already know how to win these things!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6402 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Power Tool

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:

I really think something like this could be done for Bracket Racers. You could race anywhere in the country, whatever races you wanted and your earnings would go towards your standings at the end of the year.

I haven't put a lot of thought into the structure, but it surely could be figured out. Some questions that come to mind are:

Do you put a cap on earnings at an event so the "Million" style race winners aren't just automatically in? I don't think so, but maybe these races are for the split amount?
Do you count the purse amount or the "split" amount? Personally I think you have to stick with advertised $'s

Lots of questions???

But this truly could be a way to where racers from all over the country could race for a "National Championship" of Bracket Racing!

Maybe at the Drag Illustrated World Series of PRO Mod in the future?

Let's hear your thoughts!

The semi-easy part is the scheduling. I like the idea of running it at the World Series of Pro Mod, if they'd have it. I've never watched it, but I am guessing they have time in their schedule for it. If not, maybe one of the December Florida races.

How many days? One day of an event? 2 or 3 days, with points for those days? Does everyone get paid, like the comparison to the bull riding?

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Doesn't something like this already exist in the form of the World finals with WDRA, IHRA and NHRA?

Posts: 196 | Location: Corunna, Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would think the best way to do it would be the old drr series style. I loved watching that as a kid. You could have the regular races for points and each of the gamblers races was to qualify. Take the top couple of guys from points in each division, each gamblers race winner, and say a winner from any race paying 50k or more and there's your field. It gives the local guy a chance with the gamblers races, gives the consistently best in an area a chance with the points, and gives the big money guys a shot with the 50k plus races. Depending on how big of a field you want, you could even do top 3 or 5 from each drr division and you could even invite the hra champions from the last year if you wanted.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Undertaker II:
Doesn't something like this already exist in the form of the World finals with WDRA, IHRA and NHRA?

Yep, but I'm sure them National Championships are considered little leagues!

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2544 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
So, use the original bracket series and round up some serious sponsors.....whole lot of folks taking from our sport but very few put anything back. Let performance decide, not how deep your pockets are. After all bracket racing was originally supposed to encourage the little guy.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post