DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    3 Race Tracks in this area not opening
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 Race Tracks in this area not opening
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
America has changed in so many ways. Yes, Drag racing was big in the 60's and 70's but things were different. For instance none of us had $150 a month mobile phones, We did not have $200 a month cable and internet, most of us even here in Texas did not have air conditioning in our houses till mid 60's and that is stupid expensive on electric bills.

Also we did not have very high insurance premiums, the people were not suing all the time because they spilled a cup of coffee or what ever.

Same with Healthcare it has gotten stupid expensive now so nobody can afford it Thanks to ObamaCare.

Taxes were way lower.

These things have ate away at our spare money and yes those things are necessary now. I am not going with out air conditioning or my phone.

My point is many are spending larger percentage of their pay now for normal day to day living. So we have to spend more time working and less time playing or we cut back in some areas.

When I grew up in the 60's most Mom's stayed at home and most Dads worked. Now most families both Parents work and it is still hard to make ends meet.

I guess I am lucky I can spend what ever I want on race cars (With in reason) but many are struggling now days.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4025 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post