DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Hauling 2 door cars?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hauling 2 door cars?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
How long of a trailer to haul 2 door cars and golf cart, without going to a stacker?

Thank You

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Lucky Scott Hudson
posted Hide Post
I hauled two 66 novas in a 42 foot trailer. It was tight and no room for a golf cart.
A 66 nova is 15 feet long....

Posts: 1199 | Location: So Cal | Registered: March 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
38-40 foot open trailer. Without the golf cart, 34 foot and you can put a scooter up front.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
My 53’ is fairly tight with 2 door cars and the golf cart driven straight in (with rear seat and foot platform).

There might be 5-6 extra feet total, if everything were really squeezed together.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3161 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
My next will probably be a 34 tag to haul 2 Novas. More than likely not this year till we see what the tracks will be able to do.Also only if it is safe enough 1ST. Probably Haulmark or Pace brand.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Loaded question as you don’t say what the doorcars are.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I can pull my golf cart in from the rear, stop with about 1' from cabinets. Pull the S10 in with about 1' from golf cart and have about 18" room to the back door. This is with a 28' enclosed trailer. Couple S10s don't eat much more space than a golf cart with rear set ;-)
I would think two S10s might fit in a 30' with no cabinets then put a scooter across the tongue?

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking a 34' may be tough to fit for a 69 Camaro and Gen 5 Camaro. Would leave Zero room for a golf cart or anything else.

Thank You

Posts: 497 | Location: N/A | Registered: December 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
I would measure each car bumper to bumper,that will tell you what you want to know for sure. Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post