DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The internal combustion engine is not dead !
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The internal combustion engine is not dead !
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
GM and Phord have both tooled up brand new pushrod V-8 gasoline engines for a reason.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
I have 2 engines in my shop from them and they are pure ****. You get what you pay for. They must have Ray Charles decking block over there. I`ve never seen a block so crooked before in my life.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Picky,Picky,Picky.....LOL

I squared up blocks at Crows that were twisted 5-10 thou and we had no block true fixture. Just did them the old way on an 85 B...

The fact that an engine business has evolved to what that place does to me is amazing....assembly line mass production....

I pretty much never heard of them before watching that video...

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
GM Says EVs Are A Hard Sell Even For $30,000

"Battery costs are still not at a point where you can get to the mass market, which is this $30,000 to $40,000 vehicle, that's what the bulk of new car sales are, frankly, around the globe, that C-segment kind of crossover SUV," said General Motors CEO and Chair Mary Barra at the 39th Annual Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference.

GM is keeping its EV program alive by continuing to sell its ICE-powered trucks and SUVs. Volume-sellers such as the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra help maintain a steady cash flow into the company.

The company is investing billions in ensuring its ICE models will not go anywhere.

https://www.gminsidenews.com/t...n-for-30-000.307352/

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Beginning in 1997, Don's son, Andy Rottler, took the helm. The new millennium has brought continued change to the market place. The traditional automotive engine rebuilder who was once the main stay of Rottler's business has all but disappeared. Rottler adjusted by designing new machines for the performance engine building and industrial engine remanufacturing industries. Pioneering mechanical and machine control design has been key to Rottler's success in leading the engine building market. Equally important has been the increased effort in export sales. Rottler has increased export sales to more than 50% of its total product sales.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
There is no denying they have a first class facility and equipment.

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post