Find
Notify
Tools

In car storage
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted
I am about to fab a small zippered bag attached to the console for reading glasses, and other odds and ends to keep from flying around. What do you use for this?

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
shouldn't be flying around unless you are upside down Eek

My stuff is in the passenger seat.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Towel, hat, glasses, bottle of water, and anything else I needed immediate access to go on the passenger seat. Tire gauge, shoe polish, screwdrivers, and other odd things you may need in the lanes go in the driver's door (hollow fiberglass with large cutouts).

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Attach this to the floor behind driver seat...

https://www.jegs.com/i/JR+Race...Categories%20-%20LST

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
Crown Royal bag holds tire gauge, and dial in, and screwdriver. Every thing else stays at trailer.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One small military issue OD green mechanics bag. Wink

USA

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2568 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Bicycle zipper bag zip tied to the roll bar behind the seat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michael Beard,

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I used a velco strapped cup holder from Jegs on the verticle bar behind my seat. I'd store sun glasses, window marker, pen, and my tire gauge in two of them. I think they were marketed for Jeeps.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I use my helmet bag. The last thing I want if I am in a crash is sharp point stuff flying around inside my car or anything hard for that matter.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I made an aluminum storage compartment/pocket and attached it to the door. When the door is closed it tucks behind the seat. And has the door bar above it.

In it is my 2 tire pressure gauges, spare pen, 7/16, 1/2 and 9/16 wrenches, pocket screw driver, shoe polish (even though I have dial boards), and pocket flashlight.

Water bottle goes behind the seat.

Nothing else laying loose on the floors.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the writer and do not reflect the views or opinions of any entity other than myself.

72 Nova 370 ci (Stealth Black)

Posts: 394 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
Tom R, I like your idea. I carry all the same stuff with me, (plus reading glasses). Military ammo can with snap-latch lid, bolted to floor behind driver seat.

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Dewalt zip up tool bag

Posts: 14 | Location: illinois | Registered: July 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have a retention net screwed on four corners and adhered across the bottom and sides to slip phone drinks tire gage box etc inside. It is located behind passenger seat on the flat area where sheetmetal for the back half starts. Mounted vertically. Works out nice. I can readily see what's in it and it stays out of the way. I usually have a cooling towel in its holder tucked in there freshly dipped in ice water before going to the lanes. I always have a dry towel on the passenger seat to wipe hands and face before pulling into the water.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BILL BARR
posted Hide Post
A backpack attached to the roll cage bar.

BILL BARR

Posts: 206 | Location: BUTLER PA | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have tire gauge, dzus tool, shoe polish (in case dial-in-boards fail), fuses, schrader valve tool and 10” Netbook to address Grid stored behind the drivers seat on the floor.

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Mine looks like someone has been living in it. However, I do utilize the center console and glove box. Have to move the rags, gym bag, hats, logbook, battery operated fan, etc. if you want to climb into the backseat. The trunk is so full of stuff I can't fit much else in there (plastic boxes full of extra fluids, tool box, spare tire, lawn chairs, helmet, battery, air tank, etc.) I do this because I don't use a trailer when running at the very local track. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1234 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Ummm glovebox of car or passenger seat. Dragsters have gloveboxes (fabricated aluminum) as well between legs. I have a hard sunglass case bolted to the top of box so my sun glasses (day) and or readers (night) dont get all scratched up. Have air hose for on board air compressor, dzus tool, air gauge and sometimes timeslips stored.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post