DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Kesytone Fuel Factory 660 Top Bulb $15Ks July 28-30 - No Box added!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kesytone Fuel Factory 660 Top Bulb $15Ks July 28-30 - No Box added!
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted
Next month, Keystone Raceway Park, 660 Top Bulb Nationals, $15k to win each day July 28-30. No box added this year, separate bye, $1k bonus, rules below. I'll be working the front of the staging lanes, say hello if you make it out.

No Box Rules:
Single entry only. Racers wanting to double must run in box for the second entry.
Worst red will be turned on.
Separate bye in No Box from Box, until the last No Box car is combined with Box. An entry cannot take 2 byes unless all other remaining entries have also taken a bye. This includes once the last No Box car has been combined with Box.
Deep staging will be honored in No Box, but not in Box. The exception will be if the last No Box is a deep stager. It will be allowed to go deep against a box car.
If the last No Box car is dialed quicker than the Box car it pairs with, Crosstalk will be turned off for that pair only.
$1000 bonus to the No Box winner, in addition to round money.
Box rules:
Double entries permitted. Double entries must use 2 numbers. No driver may have more than 2 entries, no car can go down the track more than twice per round.
All run, 1/8th mile, no deep staging.
CrossTalk will ALWAYS be on. It will not be turned off (with the exception noted in No Box rules).
Worst Red will be turned on.
First round bye will be previous event winner, or random draw. Subsequent bye runs given to best winning R/T of previous round (reentry round winner not eligible for round 2 bye). Ties broken by best package. In the event of an even pairing, the bye car gets lane choice. Unused byes do not carry over, but the driver remains eligible to earn the bye again. An entry cannot take 2 byes unless all other remaining entries have also taken a bye.
Reentry will run each other, with the winners advancing to round 2.
Lane choice: Once the lanes run, late arrivals must go to tail end of the single file lane. Single lane, lane choice determined by coin flip.
Entries will be paired on a pro ladder at 8 cars/quarterfinals, based on RT. New ladder each round.
150 car minimum. In the event of short field, R/U, semis, round money guaranteed. Only "WIN" is subject to prorating.
If weather shortens race, race will be completed after the next day's scheduled race, time and weather permitting. If the race cannot be finished, remaining payouts will be split to the winners of the last completed round.
Random inspection may be done at any time. Slew rate controls are expressly prohibited. Infractions may result in DQ, forfeit of entries, and/or money. No downtrack throttle stops.
No gold cards for entries, however, IHRA/NHRA gold or silver cards may be used for 1 free buyback in each race (not transferable).
Door cars called separately until 1 left, or total entries is 8. Last door car may run against first dragster (only 1 bye per round).

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I may come down to this but I sure wish they did away with lane choice and if they insist on having it when down to one lane first car out should have lane hours because he got there first,first come first serve is the way it should be. Doing the coin flip just gives the person who got there late a chance to get the lane they want instead of the car in front

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I may come down to this but I sure wish they did away with lane choice and if they insist on having it when down to one lane first car out should have lane hours because he got there first,first come first serve is the way it should be. Doing the coin flip just gives the person who got there late a chance to get the lane they want instead of the car in front

That's what you're worried about ? Losing a coin flip ? Ugh.......

Posts: 622 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
exactly but consider the source

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nope but at times there is a difference from lane to lane hence why everybody favors a lane and when I get strapped in i to know what lane I will be in so I can dial accordingly, i am a shoe polish dialer. Also I have seen horrible lane before and well if I am ahead of you in line for the good lane then I should get it.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Wishful thinking Bob, I just want to know what lane I am in before I get strapped in. I am going to Quaker this weekend then 42 next weekend, I may not have any money left after that.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope but at times there is a difference from lane to lane hence why everybody favors a lane and when I get strapped in i to know what lane I will be in so I can dial accordingly, i am a shoe polish dialer. Also I have seen horrible lane before and well if I am ahead of you in line for the good lane then I should get it.

Door cars are called to the lanes first. Are you able to make it up with the first call to get your lane?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
quote:

Door cars are called to the lanes first. Are you able to make it up with the first call to get your lane?

That depends on if I go up with double entries or not because last time I went double entries were going down the track twice while I was first car sitting in line of the single entered cars and everybody wanted the same lane. I know how to do it and will ruffle some feathers but why not.

DRR Trophy
Picture of excessive braker
posted Hide Post
Chuck T- Will doorcars with 2 entries be able to run their 2nd entry with dragsters?

Is it a set in stone rule that doorcars must go down with doorcars or they will not be allowed to attempt the round?

Posts: 71 | Location: Sliding at the cones | Registered: May 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Justin, yes, door cars are expected to run with door cars. Obviously, once we get into a few rounds, that will be harder to do. I'll be calling cars, and I won't melt anyone down. I'll treat everyone fair, as I always try to do.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Gonna be hot Friday, possibly some liquid sunshine Saturday, but we’ll make it all work. No Box cars, come on out!!

This week’s schedule:

This weekend, it is the Fuel Factory 660 Top Bulb Nationals, presented by Gotus Trucking! $15k to win each day, 64 car shootout Friday (and possibly Saturday!), racer appreciation pizza party and Trainwreck plays Saturday night, and, new this season, a No Box side has been added (see rules in comments). We are watching the weather, and will adjust the schedule if needed, focusing on completing all three $15k races.

Thursday, July 27 - Parking ONLY from 6pm-10pm.

Friday, July 28 - Gates open at 9am, one time trial at 11am. Dial for dollars (time/weather permitting) afterward, followed by eliminations. 64 car shootout after the $15k is completed.

Saturday, July 29 – Gates open at 7am, one time trial at 9am. Dial for dollars (time/weather permitting) afterward, followed by eliminations. Racer appreciation pizza party at 7pm, Trainwreck plays Saturday after racing.

Sunday, July 30 – Gates open at 8:30am, new entry only time trial at 9am. Eliminations begin at 9:15am.

Please come to the lanes when called, and follow the instructions from the track staff at the rear and head of staging.
The run order for the weekend is:
No box
Double entered door cars
Double entered dragsters
Door car single entered/second entries
Dragster single entered/second entries