Find
Notify
Tools

IHRA Big News
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of TheBlueTruck
posted Hide Post
I for one think IHRA shot themselves in the foot when they went straight bracket. They had plenty of .90 cars that followed their circuit in D4.I personally don't have the time to run both and haven't ran an IHRA race in 20 years.I think it will be a good deal for them to bring the .90 stuff back. We saw an influx of people that were left hanging out in the cold by IHRA come run SST in NHRA afterwards. I can see where it wouldn't be a wise choice to bring back Sock and Super Stock.

Regan Wilson Super Street 469C

Posts: 297 | Location: Tyler Texas | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MadMax4040
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see what CP does in this deal for this region. NHRA, IHRA, or WDRA we are starving for tracks that could handle a "division" meet regardless of sanctioning. I might throw a stop on the cavalier and run Hot Rod again on a short track schedule. That blue truck can't pass me at 160mph on the short track Big Grin

Just hope we get more than 10-15 cars in super rod and quick rod this time around. Those last couple of years were dismal in D4.

Posts: 28 | Location: Frisco, Tx | Registered: February 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
I think this could be a great idea. As long as IHRA will try it at several tracks in each area or at least start in the Southeast. IHRA lost a lot of tracks in the Southeast to the WDRA, so that will limit where they can have these races. But they also need to have a "reasonable" entry fee and a "reasonable" purse to go with it. If they get good results from their test races, they should make it a Division thing again with Champions.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
+100!

quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
That’s because organized drag racing as viduined by Wally Parks was 1/4 mile and still is 1/4 mile for all but the fuel cars.

"Trust the Plan"

Posts: 28 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Viduined? Somebody needs to put the crack pipe down.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
For whatever reason most of the nhra people wont run 1/8 mile

ep

My home track and the two next closest tracks to me are 1/4 mile tracks. My home track asked the classes what they wanted to run, and box class went 1/8. Not what I voted for. Rest of the classes stayed 1/4. Byron has most all of their money races 1/8 as well. Someone must like that stuff.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6409 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
If you reread the announcement, its all in the fine print... Its basically a one off race at any IHRA track that wants to run it. Almost identical to the sportsman spectacular, the track hosts it runs it with little IHRA involvement. Its not going to be like how the proAms were before. There are no points or series its strictly a per track event. Meaning if a track decides to have the event they get to use the name from IHRA but the track picks which classes run and does the payout structure and fyi its all 1/8 mile. Tech is done by the track not ihra ect and we all know how that is at most tracks. The local track controls every part of the event so even payouts between track having the event could be different.. From an IHRA view Its actually a good idea of how to bring it back in some form but not take on any of the burden of operating the event. They take a % of the profit from the hosting track and smile.. Proam's were expensive to run and low turnout made them not profitable hence one of many reasons why went away. be interesting how the .90 cars run 1/8 mile won't be on the stop very long

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post