Find
Notify
Tools

Other Sports
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of bcMOD3X3X
posted
Tonight at dinner, they had Rugby on one of the TV's and I actually found it interesting! Didn't have a clue what was going on but peaked my interest enough that I may try to turn it on more.

I was just curious, what other sports people enjoy watching/attending besides drag racing.

My wife and I enjoy watching/going to baseball and football games when not drag racing. Since we are from Michigan, everyone looks at us strange when we tell them we are not hockey fans lol.

Die hard Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys fans!

Posts: 127 | Location: Oxford,MI | Registered: July 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I used to watch every single NFL game until "the troubles". Don't watch them anymore. I enjoy NHL hockey. I like going to the games, but buying anything there is outrageous in price, including the tickets themselves. However, you can sometimes get a deal on them. There is also a minor league baseball stadium near me I sometimes go to. They frequently have a special where you can get a ticket for as little as $2! I can actually sit and watch soccer, if I have an interest in the specific teams that are playing. Local high school football is fun to watch, but in all honesty, I worry a bit about things getting a bit dicey in the stands. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1260 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It ain't a sport unless it has wheels.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1030 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
Here in Lakeland we have the Lakeland Flying Tigers, a Detroit farm team. Like the Detroit Tigers they're not very good but, fun to watch. It's a relaxing evening.

We had to move our seats last year because some rowdy oldsters moved in. Damn old people acting like they're 15. I even heard one call the other Judge and then your honor.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2546 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Only one other for me and that is the PBRA, (Bull Riding). I also like the calf roping and steer wrestling.
Won't waste my time on football or basketball.

Posts: 268 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’m with Scarth on this one. For sure it ain’t defeatsball.

Bob

Posts: 3156 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The fact is most non motorsport sports are just kids games being played by adults.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
It ain't a sport unless it has wheels.

^^
Any questions...
Merry Christmas Larry. Still need to get together and talk old Honda bikes!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
All my life I was a football fan until the kneeling junk and I do not watch it anymore and do not miss it. NFL made the choice to choose the kneeling piles of excrement over the fans so I will respect their decision. I am against Police Brutality as I was beaten up and nearly killed by some bad police but disrespecting our flag, our veterans and our National Anthem is not the way to do it. Also I learned the police are dirty and they can and do get away with it every day. Still disrespecting our flag and Country is not the way to do it.
I also used to really like to watch Hockey and the Dallas Stars but during the strike year there was none and then after that it was not on TV much so I have seen very few games since then.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I enjoy professional cycling, arguably the most physically demanding of all sports (haters attack now).

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I enjoy professional cycling, arguably the most physically demanding of all sports (haters attack now).

They have wheels! Ur safe! Big Grin

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Any sport that require more than one ball.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 561 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
Love hockey and skiing Smile Helps having winter for a lot of the year LOL

Posts: 161 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
NHL Hockey. I liked NFL for 40 years but the BS politics and players acting like idiots lost me.

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1384 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

I also enjoy watching it and usually have a few races on the DVR. From a strategy perspective, the stage races require more planning and strategy than any other sport I can think of. It is incredibly interesting to watch! During the tour, I’m pretty much in hiding for the three weeks so I can watch without distraction. I’m a huge Peter Sagan fan!

Also like NFL football, and all levels of Baseball.

Mikey

Posts: 1709 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m a huge Peter Sagan fan!

Yes, he's the latest of the greatest, hell of a talent.

quote:
They have wheels! Ur safe! Big Grin

Yeah, and you're the engine!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2355 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Flame suit on:

I watch tennis, depending on who is playing.

Flame suit off. Wink

Will not watch football or basketball, rarely watch baseball.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of fatpack
posted Hide Post
Favorite sport is Drag Racing, if I can't be drag racing I like watching drag racing. Or watching American Flat Track Motorcycle racing, College Football, and to me the most incredible event to watch is The Isle of Man! They are some bad dudes!

Walt

Posts: 56 | Location: Sykesville | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatpack:
to me the most incredible event to watch is The Isle of Man! They are some bad dudes!

X2,This and Moto GP

Posts: 2611 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by fatpack:
to me the most incredible event to watch is The Isle of Man! They are some bad dudes!

X2,This and Moto GP

Isle of Man is suicidal insane. Moto GP is really cool. I sure miss the 1/4 mile dirt flat track racing. That was always real close tight competition.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4191 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post