DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cecil Co. Divisional TD and TS 1/8 Mile
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cecil Co. Divisional TD and TS 1/8 Mile
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Why is D1 running TD and TS to only half track at the up coming divisional race this weekend?

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I normally dont go to cecil div race but for 1/8 mile i am definatly considering it

Posts: 155 | Location: Syracuse NY | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:
I normally dont go to cecil div race but for 1/8 mile i am definatly considering it

Vince I'm thinking most northeners have the exact opposite thinking,not sure how many cars this race will draw.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scott @ Moroso
posted Hide Post
Whats the minimum E.T. for that? im sure there are 17 people who can go quicker than it and aren't going either....

Scott Hall
Sales Engineer
Moroso Performance
scotth@moroso.com

Posts: 54 | Location: Guilford Ct. | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The track operator runs 1/4 for all classes but Super Pro, they go 1/8. Been told he thinks this draws more cars.

Also the left lane has a bump down track, some where around 1000 to 1200 feet which many complain about. I haven't raced there in a few years but it can get your attention however moving over towards the centerline will help a bunch. Probably a good move safety wise but begs the question, why not fix the track or why does NHRA hold a divisional race there!

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topd1332:

Vince,

I think you can go 4.29 @ 135 if u try! Big Grin

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Since NHRA didn't change the eighth mile ET when they changed the quarter ET it is still 3.66 to 4.99.
With 3.66 there are Pro Mods running those numbers at well over 200 MPH so everyone should turn their stuff up.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
Scott,

Since NHRA didn't change the eighth mile ET when they changed the quarter ET it is still 3.66 to 4.99.

Rule book was changed to 3.70 minimum when they went to 6.10.

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the correction.
At least they kept it fast.
Smile

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of botmbulb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP38:
The track operator runs 1/4 for all classes but Super Pro, they go 1/8. Been told he thinks this draws more cars.

Also the left lane has a bump down track, some where around 1000 to 1200 feet which many complain about. I haven't raced there in a few years but it can get your attention however moving over towards the centerline will help a bunch. Probably a good move safety wise but begs the question, why not fix the track or why does NHRA hold a divisional race there!

To be fair, Jim did not make the change. It was voted on at the driver's meeting. The Super Pro drivers voted for 1/8 mile and the Pro drivers voted for 1/4 mile. Jim just went along with what the customers wanted.

Posts: 490 | Location: Hammonton, N.J. | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Scott @ Moroso
posted Hide Post
So a 3.70 run is about a mid 5.70 pass. So I was correct....The 6.10 deal was done because SFI has everything certed to 6.00 and above and that is nearly impossiable to change. And this was the best way to prevent legal issues.
So I expect to see a whole bunch od 3.80 and 3.90 runs since everyone doesnt have to back down there stuff so much....wish I was going now...

Scott Hall
Sales Engineer
Moroso Performance
scotth@moroso.com

Posts: 54 | Location: Guilford Ct. | Registered: January 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post