DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Pep Boys parts Defunct in OKC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pep Boys parts Defunct in OKC
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
Ordered 3 quarts of oil for my motorcycle online and went to pick them up at my local store. The parts portion was closed! I went into the service section to see what the deal was. He said parts were closed throughout OKC. Although the parts section was blocked off from view they obviously had the oil in stock as he went and got it for me. The Tire and service will remain open but he was *****in about having to chase parts that had been at his finger tips before or chased by the parts people. Covid 1, Pep Boys 0.

Was in O'reilly's too and they were doing good business. Had to wait to get checked out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Canted Valve,

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
hitting us too. Can't get new inventory (Polaris side by side). Supply chain is interrupted. Covid 1, Polaris 0.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We were just talking about Pep Boys as we drove past a few, and hadn't seen them in years.
Even without getting into the political deal, the covid situation has been hard on most.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even without getting into the political deal, the covid situation has been hard on most.

W/o being political, the humane aspect is going to be devastating. With forbearance and such coming to an end things are going to get real in a hurry. Individuals, landlords and then banks, and of course the commercial side is huge. Again not political, but the administration repeating a V shaped recovery is deception of the first order. It's worldwide and it's going to be a hard road back. I hope it is as kind to as many people as possible.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:

W/o being political, the humane aspect is going to be devastating. With forbearance and such coming to an end things are going to get real in a hurry. Individuals, landlords and then banks, and of course the commercial side is huge. Again not political, but the administration repeating a V shaped recovery is deception of the first order. It's worldwide and it's going to be a hard road back. I hope it is as kind to as many people as possible.

Without an economy,,, it doesn't matter how many people are saved. If we don't work to get things back to normal as soon as possible, we'll be at a 50% death rate instead of a less than 1% death rate. Some of us have the means to survive for a long time, the majority do not.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Has nothing to do with Covid...Pep Boys made the decision last year to get out of the parts business and focus on tires, repair and service only. Icahn, the parent company, has been selling off the parts portion of the company in various states to other companies.

Posts: 121 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Yep, Pep Boys is a tire store here also.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post