DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Grudge racing and violence
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grudge racing and violence
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
https://foxbaltimore.com/news/...ing-event-in-crofton

I'll just leave this here for you all.

If the flyer for the event contains "unique" spellings like "boyz" - - - stay far, far away.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
...and the flyer did describe the event as a "shootout"...

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
With street outlaws intentionally fighting and squabbling they set the tone for those who don't race at a track with regularity...

JMO

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Don't know where everyone lives but here in the US people are getting more radical and violent in general. We seem to have a population of people that like to imitate art, people that are led by influencers. Whether it's Jerry Springer (RIP) or Street Outlaws or the latest TikTok challenge.
I'd say many have never circle track raced at local tracks, plenty of action in the pits.

Posts: 1459 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
...and the flyer did describe the event as a "shootout"...

RACING...SHOOTOUT...CAR SHOW

I should have known lol

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Everybody's "wanting to be" in that segment of Drag racing. They see it on TV, glorified drama, specifically made for TV to get ratings. Then they bring that garbage to the track on Fri or Sat night, and with that drama comes real fights, stabbings, drugs, etc. Have I see it at a bracket races? Once...in 34 years of doing it. And that was a family issue, where the good looking younger lady (who had a serious drug problem) brought her boyfriend (also a crankhead) to the track to watch her race. Daddy didn't like him none and told her to get rid of him, arguement followed and then the boyfriend got into it with her dad. All of them are banned permanently. The daddy died (OD'd), and the daughter is a guest of the Dept of Corrections. I like a little drama at the races, but it has been going too far. And, in my opinion, all "that" drama is going to eventually have an affect in such a way that hurts drag racing as a whole. And I think a lot of us predicted it too when "that" tv show got "big".

Posts: 106 | Location: Il,IL | Registered: March 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Just like right here you have a few that ruin it for everyone. They have to be center of attention and start cr@p with everyone who will not bow to them.

What were seeing now at some of the Grudge races is ghetto mentality and gang violence. I am not going to say it will destroy racing but it is not a good thing and could be another nail in the coffin.

Street Outlaws- Was a cool show at first but it quickly changed. Too much sponsors, too much money, too much fake drama, (makes you wonder how much of the races were staged or scripted?)Too much stupid pet tricks that has nothing to do with racing. Farmtruck and AZN trying to be comedians. Stick to racing. They started out like most all of us with race cars, now they are multi million dollar deals like John force racing. They are no longer one of us and I do not blame them for taking the opportunity and the money. The show has got a lot of publicity and is bringing out a new type of people to be a part of the gang.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
That’s were the CASH MONEY is for the tracks though….pocketing 20k minimum on a decent night..

Curious how that adds up. Ticket sales. Entries. Food sales. What's the break down?

Easy to have 1000 spectators at our local 252 event charging $20-25 for gate fee....adds up quick

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That’s were the CASH MONEY is for the tracks though….pocketing 20k minimum on a decent night..

Curious how that adds up. Ticket sales. Entries. Food sales. What's the break down?
All of the above an they pay ZERO out unlike a bracket race…

How many participants roughly and how many spectators?

I cannot speak to which track and/or which event(s) WhompWhomp is describing, but Brewer's Speedway on Friday nights would get maybe 1,500 (?) spectators ($10 a head) and maybe 3 dozen participants ($20 a head). It was more single test and tune passes then actual grudge races, but they occasionally happened. The concession stand always had a long line, and it wasn't because the service was slow. The place really wasn't big enough to hold it and just driving through the staging lanes and/or getting in the gate was a challenge.

Before Dunn-Benson changed hands and was reborn as Galot, they also had an incredible turnout at their test and tune/grudge Thursday nights. And they had more room for parking. Not so much anymore. The first year of Galot operation sort of soured the regulars on that. They tried to have actual "rules". Take care. Tom Worthington

Yep....Last time I was at Galot with my Beretta for a test night I almost got high just walking through the pits

Posts: 242 | Location: Vanceboro NC | Registered: February 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Hallsville Dragstrip's demise started shortly after this. This wasn't the sole reason but contributed.

I was there doing a chassis cert date and the then operator could not put spectators in the bleachers because he was having issues with insurance. In fact the bleachers had no boards for seating. place looked very run down at the time.

hallsville shooting

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Covey:
Hallsville Dragstrip's demise started shortly after this. This wasn't the sole reason but contributed.

I was there doing a chassis cert date and the then operator could not put spectators in the bleachers because he was having issues with insurance. In fact the bleachers had no boards for seating. place looked very run down at the time.

hallsville shooting

Dave

That is the kind of publicity that hurts all tracks not just that one.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

Posts: 4009 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Luvtruck:
quote:
quote:

Easy to have 1000 spectators at our local 252 event charging $20-25 for gate fee....adds up quick

They are getting $20-25 for damn local grudge match spectating?! Wow

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
It is rapidly changing around here, the crowds are getting bad. Tonight I was testing a car I come back and there was a truck parked in my pit. They called over the PA for an hour for him to move it. Finally I got a floor jack and some guys and moved it so I could get my car in. The ghetto biotch comes back and starts yelling and threatening me because I moved his junk. He was wanting to start shyt. They had cars parked in the lanes to the staging lanes blocking them off and 50 people up on the starting line.
Plus we never used to have to worry about our stuff while we were racing. Now things are changing.

Same thing happened to me. Only 2 cars under the awning and 1 behind them. Called track personnel with skates and had to spend over a half hr moving them. Then the a holes come back and start mouthing off about moving their junk. They just could not comprehend that they were wrong for parking in the pit. Had to get some backup and run them off. Packed up and left right after. Never again.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bad News
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

More than that. $50 vip parking, so every thug gets to bring their sheeitbox into the pits. And they park wherever they want. In racers pit area, in the staging lanes, all over the return road.
They made over a hundred grand that night easy. The gates were shut down because the track was full, and they started parking out on the main highway and walking around the gates.

Posts: 868 | Location: ft laud | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
City folk.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Entitled people. They think we owe them something and can do what they want.

"Dunning-Kruger Effect"

DRR Trophy
Picture of Luvtruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir!!
It's crazy how they want to stand on the starting line while everyone does their burnout and it takes 5 people to stage a car.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

That is the kind of publicity that hurts all tracks not just that one.

No doubt.. Just pointing out an example of your ghetto mentality at grudge races..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This is our sad society, Where nobody respects anybody any time any where. As time goes on this will only get worse and worse.

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post