DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    All of the "splitting"???
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
All of the "splitting"???
 Login/Join
 
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:


So you like socialism in the final rounds but say socialism is bad in your tag line. Got it.


That isn't socialism, if it was I would have to give you and everyone else who lost 80% of my winnings because you weren't good enough to win !! Understand socialism before you talk to me about it. Capitalism is the ability to me to determine what I get and how I want to risk or reward for it, not put it in someone else's hand because they think they deserve it.


Collecting money you haven't earned(the loser)from the one who did(the winner)is as close to socialism as you can get......maybe you need a better understanding of the definition.


With socialism it is forced. These are agreements between two willing parties. Nobody has to split. It isn't socialism in any way. Nice try. Well, not really.


Justify what you must be doing however you want, splitting is still socialist thinking.

A good portion of America has been in favor of volunteer socialism for decades(motorsport ex. Nooscar, NHRA Pro Stock etc.) so i guess it was only a matter of time till it infected bracket racing.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:


So you like socialism in the final rounds but say socialism is bad in your tag line. Got it.


That isn't socialism, if it was I would have to give you and everyone else who lost 80% of my winnings because you weren't good enough to win !! Understand socialism before you talk to me about it. Capitalism is the ability to me to determine what I get and how I want to risk or reward for it, not put it in someone else's hand because they think they deserve it.


Collecting money you haven't earned(the loser)from the one who did(the winner)is as close to socialism as you can get......maybe you need a better understanding of the definition.


With socialism it is forced. These are agreements between two willing parties. Nobody has to split. It isn't socialism in any way. Nice try. Well, not really.[/QUOTE\]

Never heard of a split being forced upon anyone. I guess fake news that at 16 they did not split because one guy would not agree? Nobody fored the winner or runner up to agree to split pot with other who where still in race at the point the split was decided. IT IS FREE CHOICE and from my understanding there is no place for the in socialism. I guess it would be racist if the winner who agreed to split three rounds earlier had to hand over part of his on paper winnings.




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 4153 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
If you don't want to split when you are at 16 cars then don't.Just remember that when you check is 1/10 what it would have been and you are sitting home with dead engine you do not have money to fix.

Its choice and there almost always a down and a up side to it.




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 4153 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


Right! But if it were socialism, you would have no choice. You would have to. Capitalism is about having choices, which you do.


Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
 
Posts: 6336 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Right! But if it were socialism, you would have no choice. You would have to. Capitalism is about having choices, which you do.


This!

Take care. Tom Worthington


If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.
 
Posts: 1222 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


Right! But if it were socialism, you would have no choice. You would have to. Capitalism is about having choices, which you do.


Peer pressure is a form of force and the way all you splitter's on here defend the practice, i'm sure there's plenty of that going on.

If splitting's not a form of socialism and it sure isn't capitalism and since everything is an "ism" of some sort, it must be feminism.

Tell you all what, if we were all at the same race some time and i happen to win (none of the above is likely), you final four or six can all follow me to the payout window and i'll just throw what i win on the ground....when you're all crawling around on your knee's groveling up that cash, just know that i still won and you all lost.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Pro
Picture of CURTIS REED
posted Hide Post
Wow, that almost sounds like someone already on here using an alternate, (just as irrational), profile. LOL



____________________________
2017 and 2018 Osage Casinos Tulsa Raceway Park No-Box Champion

2018 Div4 Goodguys Hammer award winner
 
Posts: 2897 | Location: KIEFER, OK. | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


Right! But if it were socialism, you would have no choice. You would have to. Capitalism is about having choices, which you do.


Peer pressure is a form of force and the way all you splitter's on here defend the practice, i'm sure there's plenty of that going on.

If splitting's not a form of socialism and it sure isn't capitalism and since everything is an "ism" of some sort, it must be feminism.

Tell you all what, if we were all at the same race some time and i happen to win (none of the above is likely), you final four or six can all follow me to the payout window and i'll just throw what i win on the ground....when you're all crawling around on your knee's groveling up that cash, just know that i still won and you all lost.


ok you take the 15 dollar trophy and we will take the cash. Never bought a new crank with a trophy,but if you can have at it.

Do not see anybody defending a agreement made by bunch. If peer pressure makes you do things maybe growing a set should be your concern. It is very simple if you are in that situation and do not want to split then don't. Everyone else will have to play that way tell you bite the dust. If yo don't like races where split normally happens then hey .Don't go.

Must be great to have nothing esle to worry about other than what someone thinks or might say about you. IMO do not worry what mmost think they rarely do it anyway.




America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.
 
Posts: 4153 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Just felt like sharing a humorous story from several years back. I fits well in this thread.

More than one track in my area now doesn't even list money for second place or any other place that isn't first place. They simply advertise the total purse and leave it up to the participants to slice it up. At one of these events, the total purse was $1,000. I got down to three cars. I was not sitting on the bye. I won that semi final round. I also went on to win the final round. The other finalist and I had decided on a $525/$475 split in the final. When we came to pick up our winnings, the track operator said what about third place? He didn't think it was right that third place didn't pay anything. Well, we had taken care of that already. I was going to be kicking $100 to that other semifinalist after I collected my first place money. I am sure many here are familiar with exactly this sort of arrangement. Once I tried to explain this to the track operator, he then had a problem with the fact that the runner up would be walking home with more cash ($425 vs. the full $475 for second place). Roll Eyes After much consternation, we all relented to the track operator's desire and he gave $500 to me, $400 to the runner up and $100 to the sole semifinalist. And as we walked back to our cars, I handed $75 to the runner up and we all just sighed. Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington


If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.
 
Posts: 1222 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


Just wondering how many big buck races do you attend each year


HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!
 
Posts: 2696 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


.

Right! But if it were socialism, you would have no choice. You would have to. Capitalism is about having choices, which you do.


Peer pressure is a form of force and the way all you splitter's on here defend the practice, i'm sure there's plenty of that going on.

If splitting's not a form of socialism and it sure isn't capitalism and since everything is an "ism" of some sort, it must be feminism.

Tell you all what, if we were all at the same race some time and i happen to win (none of the above is likely), you final four or six can all follow me to the payout window and i'll just throw what i win on the ground....when you're all crawling around on your knee's groveling up that cash, just know that i still won and you all lost.


ok you take the 15 dollar trophy and we will take the cash. Never bought a new crank with a trophy,but if you can have at it.

Do not see anybody defending a agreement made by bunch. If peer pressure makes you do things maybe growing a set should be your concern. It is very simple if you are in that situation and do not want to split then don't. Everyone else will have to play that way tell you bite the dust. If yo don't like races where split normally happens then hey .Don't go.

Must be great to have nothing esle to worry about other than what someone thinks or might say about you. IMO do not worry what mmost think they rarely do it anyway.


I could tell from your comments you'd crawl around for that cash.

If you need that win money to feed your hobby, you might want to put more time in to your profession.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by Harry's Taxi-2:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
We don’t split.


I don't either......or buyback.


Just wondering how many big buck races do you attend each year


None anymore. Hell, they're splitting $300 to win races sometimes around here.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Our track is a split every time.

Entry fee is 130 bucks, 100 bucks to pot and 30 to the track.

45 cars in no-box awhile back so they’re racing for 4500 dollars. I guess you could refuse to split in the final so someone is going home empty handed but most everyone comes up with some kind of agreement. Semis get a free tech card for the next race.

I won’t split even, something like 60/40 usually seems fair. Last time I was in the final my opponent said let’s split 50/50. I told him if we’re doing that I’m going home to bed, this ole man is tired. He said how about 55/45 and we’ll race. Fine with me, he kicked my butt. Win some, lose some.


Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......
 
Posts: 5288 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post



DRR Trophy
Picture of Harry's Taxi-2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
Our track is a split every time.

Entry fee is 130 bucks, 100 bucks to pot and 30 to the track.

45 cars in no-box awhile back so they’re racing for 4500 dollars. I guess you could refuse to split in the final so someone is going home empty handed but most everyone comes up with some kind of agreement. Semis get a free tech card for the next race.

I won’t split even, something like 60/40 usually seems fair. Last time I was in the final my opponent said let’s split 50/50. I told him if we’re doing that I’m going home to bed, this ole man is tired. He said how about 55/45 and we’ll race. Fine with me, he kicked my butt. Win some, lose some.


A split in the final in a winner-take-all (if i'm understanding you correctly) race seems sensible. I'm with you on what you told the guy offering the 50-50 split. 60/40 sounded more than generous, wouldn't have been that on a normal track payout.


"Trust the Plan"
 
Posts: 27 | Location: Newville Pa | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
When I'm asked to split, I usually say that I'll let them know at the ticket booth. I've been lucky enough to have 2 cars in the finals in 2 big money races. I've never left the house without the intention of winning. Just like the casino, I'll color up or leave my final tip to the dealers.



ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'll ask, what do you think Jeff Serra did at the Summer Fling?



Cool
 
Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
I'll ask, what do you think Jeff Serra did at the Summer Fling?


Laughed, all the way to the bank......


272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.
 
Posts: 3092 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Not sure how "splits" gets equated with socialism. In socialism you have virtually zero control over anything. Splitting is optional.

Those who do not or do not buyback, is your choice. We are still the U.S.A. as long as we have choices.
 
Posts: 3071 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muggs:
Not sure how "splits" gets equated with socialism. In socialism you have virtually zero control over anything. Splitting is optional.

Those who do or do not buyback, is your choice. We are still the U.S.A. as long as we have choices.


Yeah, but the faster car always has to give a headstart, whether he wants to or not. It's not optional. Now there is some real socialist thinking! (insert sarcasm disclaimer here) Wink Big Grin Take care. Tom Worthington


If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.
 
Posts: 1222 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    All of the "splitting"???

© DragRaceResults.com 2024