DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Cable/Satellite companies - Cutting the cord
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cable/Satellite companies - Cutting the cord
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We have Direct TV. When they started cutting channels I decided to try to hook up the old big antenna on the roof. I now get all of those that they had cut but no ESPN and such. FREE

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
as a employee I get a good discount, thats why I havent cut the cord yet...

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1521 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Never put the cord in when I moved. Put an antenna on the side of the house and enjoy access to 57 channels, although I rarely watch any tv. Only if the weather is questionable. April and May, then again October and November. Sometimes late January. Other than that it never turns on. Radio-yes, tv no. Have both in the shop too. After work in the spring/summer/fall, the radio is off, tv off, owls, coyotes, bugs, birds on.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
For those that have put up an antenna, what antenna did you use? I'm looking to cut the cord, already have a Roku and access to streaming just want ability for local stations. I've looked at the station maps and what I need is in a 30-60mi. radius.

Posts: 1467 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I use an old school Antenna in my attic. I have an adapter to go to coax cable.

Lots of good information at Antenna Man.

Antenna Man

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
For those that have put up an antenna, what antenna did you use? I'm looking to cut the cord, already have a Roku and access to streaming just want ability for local stations. I've looked at the station maps and what I need is in a 30-60mi. radius.

You can get local stations with Youtube Tv. the base subscription is around $60 per month and you get over 200 channels with unlimited DVR and up to 5 accounts. I have that plus HBO Max, Showtime and Starz for $95 per month. The same with Direct was around $240

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TonyB6255:
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:

My cable is less per month, I'm looking to eliminate a bill. Not looking to buy any subscriptions if possible. We don't sit and watch the TV much especially in nice weather.

You can get local stations with Youtube Tv. the base subscription is around $60 per month and you get over 200 channels with unlimited DVR and up to 5 accounts. I have that plus HBO Max, Showtime and Starz for $95 per month. The same with Direct was around $240

Posts: 1467 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post