DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    NHRA giving wally's for No Prep Now?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHRA giving wally's for No Prep Now?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I thought NHRA was condemning these guys and trying to pull their licenses from them? Now that its popular they're trying to steal the series?

FYI Holytown is not a No Prep racer, just wondering why NHRA acts like the Tax Man...

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cool, I'm building a BBC engine and PG transmission as we speak, for a no prep car. He'll be stoked to hear this news.

Quite a bit of big money street racing goes on here local 50 miles off the beaten path out in the sticks, I was completely unaware of, until just recently.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Where did you read this? No mention on NHRA.com

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
If you get the vaccination, you can enter a drawing for a National event Wally.

(I didn't see this yet,but it wouldn't surprise me)

Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool, I'm building a BBC engine and PG transmission as we speak, for a no prep car. He'll be stoked to hear this news.

hopefully your using those 15 year old rods and bearings??

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Falling of chair laughing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If the Padres hit a home run in their next game you can get a free bonusburger and a Wally with the purchase of a large drink at any Jack-In-The-Box.

No race car required.

Bob

Posts: 3086 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
I thought NHRA was condemning these guys and trying to pull their licenses from them? Now that its popular they're trying to steal the series?

FYI Holytown is not a No Prep racer, just wondering why NHRA acts like the Tax Man...

Link to this news?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
I will admit to being clueless about today's street racing scene, and the related no-prep scene. I've only ever watched half of 1 episode of street outlaws. I know how some of us used to go about it "back in the day" 30-40 years ago.
I know the track I run most at these days has a huge turnout of no-prep guys on some nights, and some spill over onto the Friday night Index & TnT that happens the night before points races. I don't get the "No Time" crowd, I have seen beater POS cars out there with "N/T" on the side window, when I happen to pair with one on a run, I get only my half of the time slip. What does it matter if a guy has a turd, or even a quick ride - They don't want anyone to know what they run because ...?
Over the weekend, I was talking with a guy who told me the way his crowd "street races", they all have some app on their phone, which is used for their "events". App interconnected between the racers, they pair up, get a rolling start at some agreed upon speed like 15 mph, the app controls the "start" signal on each guy's phone, (cars must both be at the pre-programmed speed), and the first one to 160 MPH (or whatever their target MPH is set at), gets the "win" light from the app. It uses the GPS in the phones. Eliminates arguments about who won, both racers get same results, as do the "observers" holding the wagers. Also eliminates issues about cheating or jumping the start, or whether they were side by side at the start. Racers could literally be on different roads, going different directions. He said it has probably saved lives, not from racer safety, but due to fewer disputed race outcomes. Big Grin
Sounded rather interesting, compared to what I expected...

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1041 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:

hopefully your using those 15 year old rods and bearings??

Have a glass of Milk. Remind your mommy to double check the expiration date.

Laughing Hard

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
If you get the vaccination, you can enter a drawing for a National event Wally.

(I didn't see this yet,but it wouldn't surprise me)

Smile

Lol, That is Funny.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post