Find
Notify
Tools

Super Comp Demon?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool Promo, I LIKE it.

But here's what I gotta say, 8.90 151 mph is 5.95 117.

That's in the right hands.

In the wrong hands, the pump gas n/a Big Block I just put in the Third Gen Camaro would walk the dog on it 1/8 mile.

Prove me wrong.

I'd love to get paired up with one 1/8 mile.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
here's what I gotta say, 8.90 151 mph is 5.95 117.

It’s not! 8.90 @ 151 is 5.65 @ 121 and that demon has not yet run as quick as its predecessor from 2018 no mind an 8 second pass!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
here's what I gotta say, 8.90 151 mph is 5.95 117.

It’s not! 8.90 @ 151 is 5.65 @ 121 and that demon has not yet run as quick as its predecessor from 2018 no mind an 8 second pass!

I don't see how it would go that good 1/8 mile. 151 is mid 8.70 mph.

Who knows, I'd like to grudge race one in the Gen Camaro, for shyts and giggles.

Not one hopped up but one off the showroom floor, with slicks on it, I bet it would be a good race.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mike, I know what 8.90 is in the 1/8 in a door car because my Firebird has been running those ETs for last 14 years.

You’ll most likely never see one in person or at a track, not at $100-$300k over the nearly $100k window sticker and if you did, you’ll never see one run 8.90 as delivered, not even close.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Mike, I know what 8.90 is in the 1/8 in a door car because my Firebird has been running those ETs for last 14 years.

You’ll most likely never see one in person or at a track, not at $100-$300k over the nearly $100k window sticker and if you did, you’ll never see one run 8.90 as delivered, not even close.

I agree.

That's why I said, nice Promo, I like it...

Lets race

This would look alright next to a Demon on the track.

Old school vs new

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the wrong hands, the pump gas n/a Big Block I just put in the Third Gen Camaro would walk the dog on it 1/8 mile.

Prove me wrong.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="411" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cqziOAkgTIc" width="730">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I think 8.90 in the 1/4 mile should be closer to 5.65 but I will have to take your word for it because I have not went that slow in over 10 years. You and Ed have much more experience with the slower cars.

Regardless 8.90 is quick for a pump gas factory car that heavy.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4035 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Prove me wrong.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="411" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cqziOAkgTIc" width="730">[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I think 8.90 in the 1/4 mile should be closer to 5.65 but I will have to take your word for it because I have not went that slow in over 10 years. You and Ed have much more experience with the slower cars.

Regardless 8.90 is quick for a pump gas factory car that heavy.

Slow is a relative term.

Or it used to be anyway.

You have more experience with altered speeds &
et's, better way of putting it.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Here's my point.

Relative all other 3500 lb Third Gen Camaro's pump gas n/a BBC on the planet on a 10x28 tire , this will be in the top 2% fastest.

If I said, hey, show me one faster n/a pump gas BBC, you most likely couldn't.