DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    I feel like I"m in a Library.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel like I"m in a Library.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
1 - Nimrod is not Ed
2 - I'm assuming you're talking about an avatar? Anyone can use any photo they like.
3 - There are lots of alias here, always have been.
4 - Nimrod isn't an alias and doesn't have one

SL...

Also this. @B KING

SL coddled Ed for many many years, I don't believe in much said above.

As for the avatar, I don't give 2 shyts about; but it's hypocritical to so called DRR Terms of Service. I think SL was making people clean up the signature lines from berating others. I cleaned mine up before being asked to, because of members asking us to.

Now, it appears avatars a fee game to berate or be-little others. Wink

As for alias/multiple screen names. I have one per forum. The majority of people that need them are weasels that need them to hide.

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2562 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Let it be gone, for God's sake. Roll Eyes

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1674 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Nim Rod
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]SL coddled Ed for many many years, I don't believe in much said above.

As for the avatar, I don't give 2 shyts about; but it's hypocritical to so called DRR Terms of Service. I think SL was making people clean up the signature lines from berating others. I cleaned mine up before being asked to, because of members asking us to.

Now, it appears avatars a fee game to berate or be-little others. Wink

As for alias/multiple screen names. I have one per forum. The majority of people that need them are weasels that need them to hide.
[/QUOTE]

lol, I'm glad you don't mind my avatar, I just used your bio to create it anyway. Now go vote on my poll, I'm ready to leave this behind. Let me hear your thoughts over there.

------------------------------------
Not Hot Rod, not Super Rod, not Quick Rod, but the one and only NimRod

Posts: 215 | Location: The Weeds | Registered: August 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
Let it be gone, for God's sake. Roll Eyes

Duly noted Goob, only because you requested it! Wink

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2562 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nim Rod:
lol, I'm glad you don't mind my avatar, I just used your bio to create it anyway. Now go vote on my poll, I'm ready to leave this behind. Let me hear your thoughts over there.

Nimbo,

As for our shytbox, plenty of racers/competitors have turn their noses up at it & it works to our advantage many times over. I offered you & 2 other members a chance to come race with me at the Hangover Nationals this past year, with me paying the entry fee. No one took me up on it. I can make the same offer for the race this year. Except it's offered first to you Nimbo, plenty of time to plan for it.

quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
As for Fern, Lenny or Nim. We could do a hat draw for me paying one of their entries into the race with cash. Wink

2BKING loves to race!
Relaxing

As for your poll, I respectfully decline. I been there done the Divisional/National events & was grateful for the experience. Thanks to the car owners for the use of their equipment & cash. I come here for Bracket Talk, last time I looked this is a Bracket Talk forum. While I & others have gotten sided tracked from time to time. I try to remember to "Get on Board".

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
B King how did I get in this debate?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
B King how did I get in this debate?

JRED was kind of getting defensive about us discussing the FOAT & he self-admitted to sometimes going off the deep end. I commented about offering to pay one of your guy's entry fees into the event we were talking about. I was dead serious about doing it & was just trying to lighten up the subject.

The link to the thread is below.

https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/for...5460652/m/9537051107

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:

If Ed disappeared today I would never think about him again except that people keep bringing him up. Can we just move on since he is gone?

THIS! We do not need to be talking about him, good or bad. Move on. For those who want to engage with him do it you know how to find him and feel free to do so THERE.

Dragraceresults.com has been the best bracket racing site since very start. I was one of the very first ones to sign up but somehow lost my original name and had to start over.
From the start this was the best place to ask questions and learn. We helped each other and there were no stupid questions or insults.
We did have light hearted banter and poke fun at each other no insults or threats.

Everyone is understandably still on edge and defensive from the past. Time to move on and get back to helping each other be better racers or helping with tech questions and having fun.

If Scott said Nimrod is not the same guy then leave it. Good enough for me it is his word and integrity at stake. Scott removed the problem and we are all Thankful for that. No need in my mind to continue that conversation or problem. The damage that has been done is done. No need to return to it or keep bringing it up. Move forward. Have a nice day, go Race.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4027 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What Curly said 100%

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post