Find
Notify
Tools

Very Loose Rocker
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Cat Fish
posted
anyone here about checks not clearing at last weeks looserocker race? not michael beards any more, i guess that explaines it. glad i wasnt ready.

Only One Way Out!

Posts: 30 | Location: Florida - Georgia Line | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never was Micheal Beards. Anthony Walton owns a substantial manufacturing business so I doubt he would write a bad check----Never happened in 20 years so why would he do it now? Did you try calling him?

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Relaxing

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Ask Blaine Parrish he left with all of it…

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Interested for sure and it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Well Fern I have called him on my own issues. As you say Loose Rocker is his, He's owed me money now for a few years. Said it was his "partners" responsibility not his. Just for the record, MB and I are square. He made good on his half when they split. It's Anthony I have an issue with, his portion is still outstanding.

I truly hope he doesn't hose over racers too.

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Ask Blaine Parrish he left with all of it…

LOL

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Never was Micheal Beards. Anthony Walton owns a substantial manufacturing business so I doubt he would write a bad check----Never happened in 20 years so why would he do it now? Did you try calling him?

I thought the net knows everything... Why on earth would you call the race promoter?? Cool

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
WARRANT....DONE...

Posts: 1238 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I heard there were a handful of people that got bad checks, including Blane & Ms. Michelle. doesn't make him look good. makes you wonder how "legitimate" his trailer business is.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 45 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear, in our sport this is not good for anyone. Sure can not afford to lose more racers and sponsors.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4006 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Checks bounce sometimes. I just had an account closed due to fraud - bank assured me my outstanding checks would clear but guess what? They didn't. If he owns another business, he most likely maintains separate accounts for both. I have never met this guy or attended any of his races but if the guy makes good on it in a reasonable time, it's really no reason to flame him on the internet. If he's ducking calls & you have to chase him, well that's another story.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
Checks bounce sometimes. I just had an account closed due to fraud - bank assured me my outstanding checks would clear but guess what? They didn't. If he owns another business, he most likely maintains separate accounts for both. I have never met this guy or attended any of his races but if the guy makes good on it in a reasonable time, it's really no reason to flame him on the internet. If he's ducking calls & you have to chase him, well that's another story.
B U L L S H Y T…if you can’t right a check your ass can’t clear regardless if there is ten cars you have no business being a promoter

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Was the series taking in as much as it was paying out? It always seemed like a too good to be true structure.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6403 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Pre-entry is just a pyramid scheme. Eventually, the well runs dry.

Don't know anything about this promoter or his race. Just stating my opinion on the trend for big money races.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post