DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Will racers show up for 3 $5000 to win races?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will racers show up for 3 $5000 to win races?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Only paying 32 place. Apparently, as almost 400 showed up at Galot in NC this past weekend for just that even with a bad weather forecast that rained out Friday. So it was changed to $10,000 Sat and Sun. Some were there from as far away as Ohio, NJ, PA, and NY that I saw. So don't tell me racers won't show up for smaller purses. They got another one in 2 weeks---$13,000 top and $7,000 in bottom bulb foot brake---3 day deal I think.....Might find a flyer on their web site, don't trust me for the facts but I hope to be there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ferndaleflyer,

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Only paying 32 place. Apparently, as almost 400 showed up at Galot in NC this past weekend for just that even with a bad weather forecast that rained out Friday. So it was changed to $10,000 Sat and Sun. Some were there from as far away as Ohio, NJ, PA, and NY that I saw. So don't tell me racers won't show up for smaller purses. They got another one in 2 weeks---$13,000 top and $10,000 in bottom bulb---3 day deal I think.....Might find a flyer on their web site, don't trust me for the facts but I hope to be there.

People are racing like it's the end of the world. Baby Gators were packed, Bradenton World Series of Pro Mod packed, spectators too. That was a killer race, I watched a lot of that, barn burner! Mountain Motor Pro Stock, that chitz bad to the bone.

Maybe that's why they put Biden in there, to make everyone think it was the end of the world. For the economy? Confused

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
At my local track this past weekend, a great crowd of racers turned out to race for $3,000 in S/Pro, $1,250 in Pro, and $400 in Sportsman. It's possible that good turnouts aren't all about the money.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
172 Friday Gamblers
365 Saturday
326 Sunday

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s a March and it’s Galot, those are the reasons for the car count. Won’t get those cars for that $ May thru September

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK----the announcer said several times on Sat that there were "almost" 400 which is also what I said. Still a pretty good turnout for an announced $5000 to win purse I think. Looks good for racing in general. Best da mn hamburgers I have had in years! I edited the deal in 2 weeks as foot brake is $7000 to win. Top $350 for 3 days and foot brake is $180 for 3 days.....pretty good deal and as Ed noted, its Galot.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
It’s a March and it’s Galot, those are the reasons for the car count. Won’t get those cars for that $ May thru September

I agree with Ed.

How far will one travel to race for a $5k purse??? For me, no more than 1 tank of gas which is 300 miles. It’d also have to be multiple $5k’s with a warmup too.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Last couple of years I have seen a large turn out for first few races then tapers off real quickly. Appears to be way worse than normal.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
As per usual, I am the exception. I'd happily bracket race for a plastic trophy, but I would prefer to do it closer to home. On the other hand, I wouldn't attend a high entry fee/big purse/ one or none (on the second day) timerun events even if it was held an hour from my house at a stunning facility. Different folks bracket race for different reasons. Not everybody fits in the same box. Which is OK, right? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
As per usual, I am the exception. I'd happily bracket race for a plastic trophy, but I would prefer to do it closer to home. On the other hand, I wouldn't attend a high entry fee/big purse/ one or none (on the second day) timerun events even if it was held an hour from my house at a stunning facility. Different folks bracket race for different reasons. Not everybody fits in the same box. Which is OK, right? Take care. Tom Worthington

I dunno, that might be racist..... Big Grin

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I think the mega buck events will stay about the same wit the same guys who have the cash to toss into the ring. The local or regional races that are two or three $5,000 races can attract the local and regional racers that have jobs, family and maybe do not have an extra $1500-$2000 for a weekend of racing and 'hoping to make the split". I see more regional races and I see them working.
We are lucky in Iowa. Within 120 miles of where I live. 14 weekends with winners getting no less than $5K and max of $20K. With double entry that is 28 races and 56 entries. That ought to fill out my "I'm busy" card for 2023.

Good luck to all of you!!

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I didn't add it up but its about the same around here with a couple of Flings (Galot & Bristol) thrown in. The smaller purses and payouts are good for the working man. In 2 weeks at Galot they have 3 top races paying $13,000to win in top for $350 and 3 footbrake paying $7000 for $180. 120 car minimum. That is a good working mans race. I think they also have a 64 car shoot out for $10,000. This kind of stuff makes it look good for bracket racing I think.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Again the reason Galot had a good car count for this $ is because there’s no racing in the northeast and mid Atlantic in March. Have that same race in May through September when the summit ET series is underway as well multiple big $ races to chose from and they don’t get that car count.

That said, here in the northeast, a good number of Summit ET Points Series bracket racers typical don’t support big $ racing even at their hone track.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I agree with 1320.They we're the only game in town running. They are probably going to have another good car count this weekend again no one else racing. Positive in what I am saying. Inflation is running at 40 percent.

Posts: 65 | Location: home | Registered: February 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I almost would rather go race for 3-4 days 1 time per month rather than every weekend anymore.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Over 30 years ago I started racing every weekend, both Saturday and Sunday, some weeks Wednesday and Friday too and I still want to race every weekend. Fir serious bracket racers it was always about a commitment of your time and $, not convenience.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A lot of us would race everyday of our lives if we could.

Posts: 549 | Location: somewhere between been and never was | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I'm with Mark...I will tow 5-6 hours for three 5 granders...my local track 40 minutes away has $2000 to win points event every month for a $70 entry...sometimes 2 a month...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Heck yeah they will! A 5k race is as attractive as any to me!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post