DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Pomona Events in 2021 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pomona Events in 2021 ?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
If you have, or had plans to race at the LA County Fairplex (Pomona) in 2021 you might want to do some research before leaving home.

Bob

Posts: 3088 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are you saying we shouldn"t enter Pomona ??

Posts: 85 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Okerman says Gillette shouldn't enter Pomona.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just read that Pomona Fairplex web says "no events thru mid May". Yikes! So much for Winter Nationals or Spring Nationals, maybe Summer Nationals!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Okerman says Gillette shouldn't enter Pomona.

Okie has an ulterior motive HMMMM
This pretty much sucks.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
It looks like a lot of Top Sportsmen have already reverse entered Pomona, Barry.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Arnett:
It looks like a lot of Top Sportsmen have already reverse entered Pomona, Barry.

Been watching that Eric. What a mess. Hope you two got your shots.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4517 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I been wondering how the Winternationals were going to happen at the Fairgrounds. The staging lanes and at least 1/3 of the pits going east are occupied by the vaccination site. The main area where the shots are given are near where they park the tire and fuel trucks. I can't see that moving for awhile. I get my second shot there on Sat.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We got word from our district that it should be coming relatively soon.

...and Dee Jae and I decided that we are retiring at the end of this school year just because we don't really want to find out what the next school year will be like.

Posts: 81 | Location: Sacramento CA | Registered: November 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I don't know why some are shocked to see events canceled or postponed or rumored to be. I said last year that this year will be at least as bad as 2020 if not worse and it's already started before the first national event has run with Atlanta being rescheduled and their will be more. The good news is that the NHRA can run their entire National event season at Gainesville and Indy if they choose. Divisionals are another story and their ability to maintain their schedule depends on the division and states they compete in.

Here in Division 1, the season opener at Atco... the national open and the Divisional was just "rescheduled" which is no surprise. what would be a surprise is if ever race at Atco again.

Don't matter to us, just means more bracket racing.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric Arnett:
We got word from our district that it should be coming relatively soon.

...and Dee Jae and I decided that we are retiring at the end of this school year just because we don't really want to find out what the next school year will be like.

Pm sent
I don’t blame you a bit! Scary!

Raceless in California!